Memory

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Does anyone know the type of memory for each area used inside theS7?
ROM, RAM, installed app user area and internal sdcard? Is ROM separate from other areas?
Anyone have a memory map?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yes, ROM is different from RAM. There are several threads on this topic in the Huawei forum, but to keep this as simple as possible you have a section of ROM that is for the OS and Apps, you have a section of the internal RAM that is set aside for more apps, then you have yet another partition on the device that is on the internal RAM for storage. You also have the option of inserting a MicroSD card for still more storage for things like pics, docs or other media.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm sorry for not being clear. I know what the different mem areas are called and what they are for.
I was wondering about the specific type of components used on the m board. Nand or fast RAM or run of the mill?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum ApI.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Thought that was an odd question from you! There is something, trying to find it, shows map and address for memory

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
The information will be very useful at some point and I always like to know what's going on under the hood!
Someone mentioned the idea of Huawei using a 'slot' for internal storage men and I'm itching to open the unit and see! Upgradable by men card, that would be something else to throw at the shxtpad users.
BYE I'm sure your original answer will be of use to someone if they ever get round to using the search facility!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
They called it sdcard for some reason!