Micro SD Card Issues

Dave None

Aug 3, 2014
Hello everyone,

I just bought two Hisense tablet pro 7's and just love them for the money. The only issue I have had so far is that when I put movies and or TV shows on the 32GB card it will not play/recognize more than about 7 of them. The rest will show up as Not able to play? I tried two different card makes and both are class 10's. The fix was to use 16GB cards and everything I put on those cards play just fine no matter how full the card is? Do these tablets have problems with 32GB cards? Its only when I put more than about 4-5 GB worth of video movies on the card. It did not seem to matter which type was used MP4/AVI etc. I even tried various apps for playing videos the best was MX Player. Anyone else have any issue using a 32GB card thats got alot of video on it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

My guess is that the problem is not with the tablet but the format of the card. Did you format it in the tablet or a PC. (you may want to try exFAT for the file format to see if that works).

Dave None

Aug 3, 2014
Welcome to the forum

My guess is that the problem is not with the tablet but the format of the card. Did you format it in the tablet or a PC. (you may want to try exFAT for the file format to see if that works).

I tried both tablets with the same results. I will try to reformat exFAT and see what happens. But 8GB and 16GB cards work fine as FAT32. Perhaps an upgrade to the droid program will address this issue as the system will not allow putting or transferring apps to the sd card without an external app being downloaded. Also I have tried several different video apps and also redid all videos to a different type MP4-AVI's etc. Will try the exFAT and report back later. Thanx for the response.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's also possible you have a bad SD card. You may want to try a chkdsk on it using a PC.

Dave None

Aug 3, 2014
It's also possible you have a bad SD card. You may want to try a chkdsk on it using a PC.

The cards are good as per the H2Testw test program
I tried reformatting in exFat and putting the cards in an android phone and having it reformat. No help. Both cards work fine and hold over 8 Gb without a problem in a PC. I binged this issue and it seems I am not the only one with this exact problem. Perhaps the Hisense tablet sero pro says it will work with up to 32GB micro card but in reality it does not. I do know that many devices in the recent past have issues with bigger capacity cards. MP3 players small video players etc. If I ever find a fix I will repost it here.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That program would have told you if it was the card. It seems you are correct, it's the tablet.