Micro SD Card Won't Stay In

dolthead

Apr 10, 2011
I can't get the micro SD card to stay in my new woot gTablet--it just springs back out when I push it in. How do I get it to lock in or catch inside the tablet? I called support and they verified that it should stay in, and Woot sent me a replacement, but this one does the same thing! What's the trick???

And if I hold it in with my finger, the gTablet recognizes it and it works great.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Are you putting it in the right way? And pressing just a bit more into where it is flush? It should be flush once inserted.

kristianhuber

Apr 13, 2011
I have the exact same problem with mine, my tablet recognizes the MicroSD card but it doesn't stay in unless I hold it. DId you manage to solve your problem?

dolthead

Apr 10, 2011
I haven't found a solution yet! Very disappointed in Viewsonic and Woot so far. I'd really like to start modding it, but don't want to spend any time on something that I may not end up keeping if I don't get this resolved.

dolthead

Apr 10, 2011
OK, got it. I gave up on getting help specific to the gTablet, browsed support for other devices with micro SD card problems, and found that they overwhelmingly were resolved by finding something to push them in a little bit deeper at just the right angle, and that worked on both of my gTablets (the original and replacement). I'll be keeping the original and sending the replacement back. And WHY didn't Viewsonic support know how ridiculously anal the slot is???

jrileymail

Mar 22, 2014
OK, got it. I gave up on getting help specific to the gTablet, browsed support for other devices with micro SD card problems, and found that they overwhelmingly were resolved by finding something to push them in a little bit deeper at just the right angle, and that worked on both of my gTablets (the original and replacement). I'll be keeping the original and sending the replacement back. And WHY didn't Viewsonic support know how ridiculously anal the slot is???

I used the tip of a letter opener to gently push the card in just a bit further than I could with just my finger and it worked. All set now.