Anyone Having Problems with micro SD Card?

Apr 25, 2011
In answer to a previous question, I am having the same problem with my G-Tab with the VEGAn-TAB ROM. What I am trying to do is use the card for data (i.e., have all my music, etc. flow to sdcard2 instead of internal sdcard. I don't think I've seen that addressed anywhere. Does anyone have any reference or idea on this?

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
Today for the first time I am able to hook up my gtab via usb to the computer and see both sdcard1 and sdcard2 (internal and external). I am using Vegan tab Gingeredition with the lastest oc kernal by pershoot (just out 4/25) running at 1400. There had been some problems with the gtab freezing while hooking up the usb port but I guess that has been taken care of.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
In answer to a previous question, I am having the same problem with my G-Tab with the VEGAn-TAB ROM. What I am trying to do is use the card for data (i.e., have all my music, etc. flow to sdcard2 instead of internal sdcard. I don't think I've seen that addressed anywhere. Does anyone have any reference or idea on this?

Thats because most apps what to use the sdcard directory. In Android 2.1 that means the internal storage. If you upgrade to 2.3, then the external sdcard will be called sdcard and apps will see your data.

chemsolder

Apr 30, 2011
That's not necessarily the case with vegan ginger it is actually made with the internal as sdcard and the external as sdcard2. I do believe you are right with the other 2.3 builds. External is sdcard internal is some other abbreviation. I too have been having variable success using the external card with vegan strongly considering going through the effort to go back down to a 2.2 build just unsure about which one would give good sd card support.
Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

sydneymatthew

May 2, 2011
If i undestand this correctly, Version 2.3.1 does not support external Micro SD cards at this time, and the collective advice is to go backwards to an older version to be able to use an external SD Card?
I would have thought that a patch, a fix something would be in the works to overcome what is a glaring issue for tablets, the inability to expand the memory available ?