Micro SD or SDHC

ejgatt

Mar 2, 2012
Hi

I am new to this forum and also to the Android platform.

I have just bought an Chinese tablet (Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II) which runs on Android ICS.

I would like if someone can clarify to me whether this Android tablet will take Micro SD HC cards or whether I can only use Micro SD cards.

Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
JP is correct, you can use either Micro SDHC cards or Micro SD cards. I would suggest you make sure they are rated class 4 or higher. Those will transfer data at 4MB/s, which should be fast enough for whatever you're doing on the tablet. The class is printed on the label and if it's not that means it's class 2 and you don't want it.

ejgatt

Mar 2, 2012
Thank you all for your advice.

I will buy a 16gb or 32 gb SDHC and hope for the best and thanks Spider for the advice on class 4 or higher..

stratguy

Feb 21, 2012
Hi guys, I just wanted to jump in and try to start contributing to a wonderful forum. In case you don't know me it's because I'm a pretty new member here as well as a new Android Tablet owner I have the Acer Iconia A500 32 Tab:) So as far as a good fast sdhc class 10 card I just ordered this card from Tiger Direct and it even comes with it's own micro sd card reader. Sorry for the long link but I forgot the name of the web site that shortens long URL's I will be going thru my book marks and finding the link before I post any more long URL's :) But here's the link: Lexar LSDMI32GBSBNAR High Speed Micro SDHC Memory Card - 32GB, Class 10, Card Reader at TigerDirect.com I havent received the card yet but I have never be disappointed with any product I've ordered from this site. Good luck! I can't wait to get mine and if it's as good as it seems to be I'll order a couple more.

stratguy