microsd card

beastman

May 8, 2011
I got a class 4 32 gb from newegg and it works ok in my gtablet. It was hard to find a class 6 and when I did, it was more than I wanted to pay
Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I agree with beastman, I've been using class 4 in my Nook and both my phones and they work just fine.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I have a class 10 32GB card (Wintec) in my tablet.
Not saying that it is what I recommend, but if you are only reading (not writing) files from the card, then a class 4 or class 6 should be good enough. If doing stuff like recording HD videos (which I cant remember if tjis tablet can do or not) then a class 10 is recommended.

IMO, my card may be overkill, but it was on sale at Fry's Electronics for only $10 more than a 32GB class 6, so I just thought, "Ah, what the heck, lets get it."

dcdariel

May 12, 2011
Thanks, I ordered a class 4 from amazon yesterday as I needed something before my trip and wanted it for the plane ride. I didn't want to get something fast card if it wasn't going to benifit from it but now that I have heard a class 10 will work and you see benifits I will keep my eyes open for a good deal. Right now they're too expensive to purchase but I'm sure the price will drop on them.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone have any experience with Patriot brand cards? A 32gb class 10 is pretty reasonable in price.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Anyone have any experience with Patriot brand cards? A 32gb class 10 is pretty reasonable in price.

I've never used anything but Patriot cards in my Nook, and never had a problem with them.

Current tablet storage speed is about 4MB/s and the "class" of an MSD is the transfer rate in MB/s. Therefore, a class 4 can transfer data as fast as the tablet can use it. I can watch HD movies on class 4 cards in my Nook without a problem.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Also, the speed of the SD card is only as good as the tablet's top speed. Any card that is faster than what the tablet can read or write is wasted. But if you get a great price on a faster card then by all means grab it. You never know where else you might use it later. I have used many different card brands over the years and they all perform well. I do stay away from the very cheap China imports on eBay though.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
OK, I was hoping that these tablets would be at least 6MBps. Maybe I'll go with the much cheaper class4 cards then.

Daboy1968

Jan 2, 2012
I got a 32GB Class10 Lexar Micro SDHC card and USB Adaptor from Amazon UK, just before Christmas for less than £30 delivered!

Via Tapatalk.