What MicroSD cards are 7022 Friendly?

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
Since there are so many fake/knock off versions of brand name cards on eBay I've decided to shop locally for a microSD. I've heard of some cards not working or clunking out and compatibility issues. Planning on a 32gig micro SD.

There is a PNY class 10 32gig MicroSD for 69.99 from Fry's electronics which is the route I would like to take but would prefer feedback on the various brands - PNY, Kingston, Lexar, SanDisk....

Which ones are working well for you? Thanks!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've used several different brands without any problems (Whatever one is on sale when I need one.) My only criteria is it has to be class 4 or higher.

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
There are only a handful of companies in the world that make flash memory. All the different brands you see on the market are just the companies putting their own stickers on a generic product.

Buy from Amazon. The return policy is very generous should you ever need to return or exchange it.

louzingit

Aug 15, 2011
I've got a Wintec 16G class 10, that I bought from Fry's a couple of months ago on sale; not a moments trouble with it so far. It 'lives' in the 7022 and is accessed everyday.

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks blur. I'm aware that there are only a handful of major manufacturers that supply other companies. However, I've also experienced plenty of bad cards with various devices. I've tried the low budget ones before, but mainly stick to the higher name brands because I know where they're coming from. This is just my pref from my past experience with bad cards. I will try my hand at the PNY, because it is only 69.99 for class 10. Just wasn't sure if Coby's didn't like certain cards, but the overall seems to be that there are minimal rejections for the device.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
So theoretically any thing class 4 or higher will work? I just posted a similar question earlier (for some reason my searches didn't find this thread-I just stumbled across it) so now I feel dumb lol. Of course, these SD questions already make me feel that way. To think that I used to build and setup PC's in the day when you had to set interrupts and all! HA!