Microsoft Exchange on Androiod Tablet

dipanjan

Jun 30, 2010
Is there a way to get my work emails, from Microsoft Exchange, onto my tablet? Mine is the epad MID model with webcam; with Android v1.7.2.

Seems like the email app suplied with the tablet only works with POP/IMAP.

shannadar7

Jul 1, 2010
Yes. I use TouchDown. It. Is. Awesome. Eval version does most things, but the app is fairly inexpensive and totally worth it. Been using it on my phone for a year.

mkw87

Jun 1, 2010
Yes. I use TouchDown. It. Is. Awesome. Eval version does most things, but the app is fairly inexpensive and totally worth it. Been using it on my phone for a year.

I also use Touchdown (on my phone)......it is very pricey for a market app, but worth it since it's the only option at this time really.

strommsarnac

Jul 30, 2010
How functional is Touchdown? Does it support sync'ing of tasks, allow for invite sends and acceptances? Any noticeable restrictions like certificates?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I cannot get it to progress past the Initializing ActiveSync option.

subvecto

Dec 25, 2010
Email app available with froyo (v2.2) natively supports exchange/activesync push mail

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, so now I have a follow up. The issue with Touchdown not working was the IMEI integration, the team at NitroDesk have released a new beta that removes this and the application works a treat now. This is really nicely engineered for the tablet platform, and integrates pretty completely and seamlessly.

You can access the beta at http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid

The nice thing about this over the app in 2.2 is that it also syncs tasks and notes.

Juan Pablo

Jan 25, 2011
Hi, I tried with the beta it still fail to sync. Does any one know how to do it>??
bestregards

Ok, so now I have a follow up. The issue with Touchdown not working was the IMEI integration, the team at NitroDesk have released a new beta that removes this and the application works a treat now. This is really nicely engineered for the tablet platform, and integrates pretty completely and seamlessly.

You can access the beta at http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid

The nice thing about this over the app in 2.2 is that it also syncs tasks and notes.

Juan Pablo

Jan 25, 2011
Hi my name is Juan Pablo,´I am trying to sync my office microsoft exhange to the samsung galaxy tablet, buy it fails. Any suggestions?? I´ve already try with the Touchdown beta

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
do you have the proper information for remote access? Many organizations have either difference domains or URLs defined for mobile remote access to exchange. It also may be related to the version of Exchange that your organization runs, make sure to allow it to try 2007 and 20043 modes as well in setup.