MID 7" Tablet

claypool74

Jul 26, 2010
I have a manufacture MID 7" Android Tablet. It will not download Apps. It freezes at "starting downloads". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
I have a manufacture MID 7" Android Tablet. It will not download Apps. It freezes at "starting downloads". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

This is a known 'Android' problem :( This is not the fault of the tablet device as far as I can tell. See this thread:

Download issues: stalled at "Starting download" - Android Market Help

Essentially going into 'Manage applications' and clearing the data/cache for 'Google Apps, Market, GTalk etc' and then re-logging into the Market fixes it 'sometimes'.

It is the same on my tablet - very frustrating, and I have yet to find a reliable fix :(

TQ13

Jul 27, 2010
Have you tried downloading from different sources ? I sometimes find I can download OK from one site but not from another.

Are you using an SD Card ?

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Have you tried downloading from different sources ? I sometimes find I can download OK from one site but not from another.

Are you using an SD Card ?

Read the link I sent above. This problem is nothing to do with the device. An SD card is not needed, as apps are downloaded and installed to the internal 256Mb ROM (or what is left of it after the OS is running - about 140 meg in my case). The internet connection on mine is fine, I can download from and site via the browser - its just the Android Market with the problem.

monto

Jul 28, 2010

This is a known 'Android' problem :( This is not the fault of the tablet device as far as I can tell. See this thread:

Download issues: stalled at "Starting download" - Android Market Help

Essentially going into 'Manage applications' and clearing the data/cache for 'Google Apps, Market, GTalk etc' and then re-logging into the Market fixes it 'sometimes'.

It is the same on my tablet - very frustrating, and I have yet to find a reliable fix :(

Someone from another forum mentioned disabling POP and IMAP on the google account may fix the problem. I tried it and it did make a difference, in a bad way. After logging in to the Android Market, my MID (flytouch epad) just rebooted itself, and since then it's in an erroneous state that I can't power it on.
I see the screen lock screen but I can't get past it. Clicking on menu button would blacken the screen. Rebooting the device doesn't make anything difference. Currently I am letting the device to run out of battery to hopefully reset itself.

The link below is where I got the info from originally.
market downloading

Reneb

Jul 29, 2010
Mine rom is broken this system does not want to start any more. where can I download new suitable rom?
Its a EPAD MID 7" 256mb Cam and a usb adapter

allan

Aug 12, 2010
Claypool74:

What i do is to look on google for the same app. I search untill i find a site where i can download it on my computer. After that i copy the software to my sd card and then i can
install it on my tablet.

I dont know if this is working for all the apps but for the aldiko book reader it was working very good

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
File Expert seems to work fine if you use a server, workstation, desktop, laptop, netbook to download the *.apk then use File Expert on your tablet to access the shared folder on Windows/Linux OS, USB Network Drive or NAS. I too see some files don't download like AK Notepad.apk if I download to a PC then slip it onto microSDHC won't install. Just be careful with some of these sites that you use for downloading from. Seems some files are not real and are fake.

Also if you have the memory space left on your internal storage then use that, but that 1GB, 2GB will fill up quick. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB external storage on SD or microSDHC. Make sure you get class (4) @ 4mb/sec Class (6) @ 6mb/sec close more. Class (2) 2mb/sec will be slow but on most of these type of devices you might now even notice it.

Longrod

Oct 27, 2010
I see the screen lock screen but I can't get past it. Clicking on menu button would blacken the screen. Rebooting the device doesn't make anything difference. Currently I am letting the device to run out of battery to hopefully reset itself.

i got the same problem couldn't pass the lock screen... i don't know what to do so, i just press the on/off button for about 10 seconds and suddenly the green android icon popped up, then appear the lock screen and i pressed the menu button the problem just disappear... mine is 7' MID Tablet from China.

Julius

Nov 6, 2010
I need the same did you ever find the rom update. If so can you tell me where to download or post the link.

Charris

Aug 13, 2011
Hi I've bought a MID tablet works ok so far. But the reason I bought it was to use some type of voice activated software as my husband is dyslexic. However every ap I download (there aren't many that are compatible) won't allow voice activation, and the last one says it's disabled so does anyone out there know if it's possible to activate it on this tablet?

Many thanks for any help
Carin

mojobe44

Aug 13, 2011
I have the same problem. I have the 7" MID Tablet from China and when powered up, just the green Android shows up showing OS2.2, Kernal 2.6.32, Build Number V1.3.0

The controls do nothing and I can only turn it off and on with the same results. Going to try the previous Reply and let it on until the battery dies, then recharge and see if it corrects itself.

File Expert seems to work fine if you use a server, workstation, desktop, laptop, netbook to download the *.apk then use File Expert on your tablet to access the shared folder on Windows/Linux OS, USB Network Drive or NAS. I too see some files don't download like AK Notepad.apk if I download to a PC then slip it onto microSDHC won't install. Just be careful with some of these sites that you use for downloading from. Seems some files are not real and are fake.

Also if you have the memory space left on your internal storage then use that, but that 1GB, 2GB will fill up quick. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB external storage on SD or microSDHC. Make sure you get class (4) @ 4mb/sec Class (6) @ 6mb/sec close more. Class (2) 2mb/sec will be slow but on most of these type of devices you might now even notice it.

Kontra152

Aug 10, 2011
I have a similar problem with connecting to my wifi network it works great with ethernet but I just can't get it to connect to my or any network it sees have any of you had this problem.

Charris

Aug 13, 2011
I must admit the wifi is working great on mine. I tried it first at a fast food outlet as I don't have wireless at home. Conected to the cloud and it was working fine. Hope you have some luck with it.

Regards my query though I have tried a few aps for voice activation and all of them have this disabled which leads me to believe the unit is either not equipped to deal with it or it's disabled. Not sure how to go in and check this tho - any ideas?

sjwms1102

Aug 21, 2011
Hey!! I'm new to the tablet world and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I turn my MID 7" on and try to get online, and it tells me there is no internet connection. I was told to check my WiFi connection and it is strong. Any suggestions as to what I can do to gain access to the internet on this device? I just got it and am growing very impatient already. Thanks in advance!!!