MID Tablet and Android Marketplace

michaels

Mar 23, 2011
New here and it seems to have a lot of good information.

Purchased a used 7" MID tablet (yellow and orange type box) and it will not connect to the android marketplace via the icon.

Firmware version: Android2.0
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: WMT2.0

When opening via android marketplace it reads, "Connection failed. It appears that your connection is not available." I checked some threads and tried the "clear and force stop" but this did not work.

If I go to the marketplace via the browser, it says "There is no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."

Suggestions?
TIA

javanewbie

Mar 25, 2011
of course, it is. because your tablet isnt yet connection to internet, that why you cant also connect to marketplace =)

michaels

Mar 23, 2011
of course, it is. because your tablet isnt yet connection to internet, that why you cant also connect to marketplace =)

Thank but my tablet is connected to the internet but when I click on the android marketplace that it what it says above. Maybe uninstall android marketplace and re-install it?

slammer3166

Mar 24, 2011
Thank but my tablet is connected to the internet but when I click on the android marketplace that it what it says above. Maybe uninstall android marketplace and re-install it?

Well same thing kept happening to me,I had to create a google account to access the app market,hopefully this helps you.
tom

Bickle77

Sep 24, 2011
I had the same problem. Make sure you're using the app called just "Market" rather than "App Market" (both were installed on my device). App Market didn't work for me saying there was no internet connection.