MID1024 Official and Custom Roms thread. add your custom roms

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have downloaded it twice, and the file is broken: zImage is truncated. I tried using zImage and zImage.debug from the MID8024 official firmware, and the process went to the end, but WiFi doesn't work and there is something wrong with the battery as well (it is not recognized correct, it doesn't show the charging status, for instance).

Anybody else tried to download the file from Coby website and decompress is??

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I think it's just a temporary fix, since wifi and battery is broken. We need to ask Coby to release the correct file asap...

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
I think it's just a temporary fix, since wifi and battery is broken. We need to ask Coby to release the correct file asap...
WiFi and battery work fine for me. Did you use my rar file I uploaded? It has the 1024 WiFi files.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WiFi and battery work fine for me. Did you use my rar file I uploaded? It has the 1024 WiFi files.

I did the same as yo: copied zImage and zImage.debug from the MID8024 official firmware released by Coby. The updated run until the end, but when I restarted I could not use WiFi and the tablet didnt recognize the charging battery (no flashing battery icon in the status bar). :(

I've already sent an email to Coby support. Anyone else did?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
They have updated the file. All is working now! :D

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Does anyone know what would be needed to make a honeycomb rom

I spent most of the day looking for something that could be used... The closest I got was a PDF from Samsung explaining how to compile Gingerbread for smdkv210 (same board as MID1024) and a Honeycomb port for Galaxytab (almost same specs as MID1024). But GalaxyTab uses a completely different recover/flash system, and the Samsung documentation seems to be related to a something like a test board, so everything from LCD to camera and HDMI would have to be added.

Another shot would be a Chinese tablet Herotab M8, its hardware seems to be very close to MID1024... But again, I could not find any custom ROM for it. There are many for the smaller ones, with resistive touchscreen and other processors, but not much for smdkv210. Chinese Urbetter is who made the system core used in MID1024, but I didn't find and ROM build in their site either...

A true Honeycomb port would be almost impossible, I think... I would be very happy with a Gingerbread port, with a Honeycomb-like launcher.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Does anyone know what would be needed to make a honeycomb rom

Google only release the code to a select few major manufacturer and its not truly open source. We have to wait for Icecream.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks Ifom and Flxrms just being hopeful I saw that tipster made some "honeycomb" like rom and thought it would look and run well on the 8024 and 1024 tablets... and I saw this post.
Gingerbread will have to do for now....;)

I bought my wife the acer Iconia a500...its very nice tablet screen is excellent it runs honeycomb...I'm envious

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks Ifom and Flxrms just being hopeful I saw that tipster made some "honeycomb" like rom and thought it would look and run well on the 8024 and 1024 tablets... and I saw this post.
Gingerbread will have to do for now....;)

I bought my wife the acer Iconia a500...its very nice tablet screen is excellent it runs honeycomb...I'm envious

Tipster rom for 7015 is jut gingerbread with honeycomb theme. I just installed that to my ofcmates kyros 7015 tablet.

That a500 looks really nice.

Actually since 1024 now have the offical firmware you can actually use your uboot.bin and gingerbread mod at slateroid. Just replace the uboot.bin and recovery of the gingerbread with the official 1024 rom copy.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Ok .. I think i'll be brave and try this sometimes this week ...uboot.bin from coby tablet so tablet boots and recovery image from GB and slip inside of coby files will change my android ui