MID1125 Will Not Boot!

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
Yeah, there are a billion threads out there already about this. The Coby Kyros stays stuck at the COBY logo. (It has been bricked since earlier this year, but rooted WAY before it bricked for no reason). I know that I need to flash a new ROM or something (Unless there is another simpler solution out there?).

My problem with wiping the device to fix it? I want to retain my apps. They were a pain to get. Not to mention getting the android market/making it be compatible with all of the apps. So I want to try and backup my device (As well as the internal mountable storage, important stuff on there). Is it possible to save all of my data?

I managed to find some patch_1125_v2.rar which helped me get CWM on there. I tried to make a backup with it, in hopes of saving all of my data. The only problem is, when making the backup, it gives an error saying it can not mount /data. Also, the parts that it did manage to backup (system.img [~130mb], recovery.img, boot.img) are in IMG format, and 7-zip will not let me explore them.

Synopsis: I want to fix my bricked tablet, but I don't want to lose any of my data.
And please help guys! The last thread I made about this (back in April) received no replies.

(Also I have attached portion of text that keeps looping when I did 'adb logcat' during bootup as well as the contents of build.prop if you need it.)

Attachments

• $logcat.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 399
  • $build.prop.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 345

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yep your logcat shows she is done, you aren't going to save anything.

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
Really? That sucks. Could you maybe explain what the logs are saying specifically? I did notice some odd things, but it would be nice if you could explain it to me, I am not really an expert here. (It is still possible to fix my device with a replacement ROM, right?)