Might Be A Tablet Freak, But Dunno Yet

augidog

Dec 26, 2016
Hello, I love what I know about this forum so far, IE the "Rules of Conduct" and its simple structure. I run a small non-profit forum about Motor-Assisted Bicycling, and our rules are almost identical. I put a link in my profile if that's alright.

I've been a PC addict since the early 1990's, when motherboards had a bajillion jumpers and we spent our time on BBS's sharing settings and frying processors as fast as we could afford new ones. Let's put it this way, I cut my teeth on Windows for Workgroups and a DX-4 100. Now I just buy bundles and never need to (or get to) tweak anything that really makes a difference.

After years of clinging to my trusty Nokia flipper, I bought my first smartphone, a Blackberry 9810, and my tech-luv burned anew. Now I have a Classic, which is part-Android, and I'm good with what it does, which is everything I want a phone to do.

I'm mostly about audio and video, and streaming services, gaming not so much. Movies or music, outside on the patio, instead of laying on the couch in front of the big screen. But I still love utility applications and hardware tweaks, and that's why I'm thinking I'll be liking having a tablet.

A month ago I snagged my first one. It was a Neutab N7s Pro with Lollipop, and I liked it so much that within a week I had ordered up their N11 Plus with Marshmallow. I've already learned quite a bit simply by virtue of my first upgrade.

And that's where I'm at right now, thinking I might could dive right into playing with Android. I'm having a couple small issues, and am going to go looking for info and will likely be posting a new thread soon. I'd like to learn about the tweaks and fixes, but I'm going to be moderate in my approach, since I can't afford to be frying stuff like I used to.

OK, that's it, cya 'round the boards.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Hey augidog. Same here, been using tablets for about 7 years now. I have so many (probably 10+) of them my wife and daughter are into them now ha ha. Welcome to the board, and thanks for reporting that spam; I took care of it ;)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi augidog, congratulations on your new tablets and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

augidog

Dec 26, 2016
Thank you for the welcome, folks. Hoping I can find someone here to talk with about my minor issues now and having fun with Android in the future.

edit: I can't afford a "fleet" of tablets, so I sold the 7" locally as soon as I had the 10". For anyone who doesn't know it, these Neutabs are pretty nice if you keep in mind you're buying no-name budget equipment, and they provide complete re-do files on their site, which I immediately used on each tablet, just to see if they worked. They did, and it was pretty easy too.

Last edited: