Mobile Broadband on Acer A500

Jaymie1989

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,I have a Acer A500 but no 3G, Could I use a Mobile Broadband Dongle or something to use when I am out and about to be able to use the internet on a 3G connection?Thanks,Jaymie. :)

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
If there is support for a broadband dongle, its very limited, though, I believe more support for third party USB devices is coming with the 3.1 update (by the end of the month). That said, if you have a smartphone that can tether, that's an alternative. With tethering your a500 should connect to your phone as if it were a wireless router and share its mobile data connection.

beastman

May 8, 2011
MiFi would work.. it just creates wireless connection like starbucks, mcdonalds, etc

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
Acer has a 3G model coming out near the end of Summer, maybe the 3.1 update will resolve your USB issue with using it. :)

Jaymie1989

Jun 21, 2011
Oh ok, I only just brought my A500 so I don't want to sell it just yet, If the update to 3.1 will allow me to use a Mobile Broadband Dongle that would be good.

Is there an estimated date of the update?

Jaymie1989

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks, After some hunting my self I saw the 23rd but Acer have not said anything. :confused:

Suppose we will just have to wait :p

Scoobynut

May 30, 2011
Using the T-Mobile Wireless pointer here. 3G but with WiFi.
Costs £10 per month on contract. Advantage is you can use the WiFi with additional devices,including Mac, Linux pc's
Posting from my Laptop as my tablet is currently downloading another 70 episodes of my favorite Manga.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
hi there, did you have a solution to your problem with your acer couse i have the same problem, it you did it could you send me a soluation to my email : [email protected]. or [email protected]

Thanks u v much
M. Refaee

There is no support for USB dongle modems.

Your only option is tethering to a smartphone - Android smartphone for instance. Turn on the HOTSPOT feature on the Android phone. This works very well.