Motorola Xoom or Blackberry Playbook?

aex

Nov 5, 2011
Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm looking at getting a tablet but I don't know which one. The iPad is out of my price range and I have heard mixed reviews, I have been looking at the Motorola Xoom and the Blackberry Playbook.

I like the size of the playbook but I have an android phone so would the xoom be better to get? I guess they would sync well being both android.

Also heard of some email problems with the playbook if you dont have a blackberry phone, does this matter or has it been fixed by now?

I'm looking for one which can handle apps, games and have moderate word processing ability but also be at a reasonable price.

Can you help!?

frankog

Jul 9, 2011
The Xoom or any Android Tablet is a better option than a BlackBerry Playbook.

I believe there are still problems out of the box with email on the BB Playbook.

Sign in with your gmail account on an Android Tablet and your prior Android phone apps will be downloaded to your Tablet.

Android Marketplace has a ton more apps compared to BlackBerry.

Some people would say BB is a dying brand/business so why hitch on their their eco-system?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm looking at getting a tablet but I don't know which one. The iPad is out of my price range and I have heard mixed reviews, I have been looking at the Motorola Xoom and the Blackberry Playbook.

I like the size of the playbook but I have an android phone so would the xoom be better to get? I guess they would sync well being both android.

Also heard of some email problems with the playbook if you dont have a blackberry phone, does this matter or has it been fixed by now?

I'm looking for one which can handle apps, games and have moderate word processing ability but also be at a reasonable price.

Can you help!?

Why not include the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 superior screen to either of the above

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

D

dvdcatalyst

Can you help!?

I have both, and would go for the Xoom.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a review that looks back to my usage on the Playbook after a couple of months.

Blackberry Playbook Review | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

Peaches36

Jan 4, 2012
I have a Toshiba Thrive and I am very pleased with it. I didn't know to much about tablets so I did lots of research on you tube, pc world, cnet, and read customer reviews on different tablets. My suggestion is not to get the playbook for it has many issues and it will nno longer be on the us market.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Bought the Playbook after having a Coby 7". Returned it after one day because bblaxkberry has only a small amount of aps available to it. Great hardware but no native calendar or email aps. Bought the xoom. Love it but it is heavy. If you like the size of the Playbook, I would look at the galaxy 7 plus. It had gotten good reviews and it is on sale at best buy. The galaxy 8.9 also looks intreiging. Google these tabs for reviews and have fun deciding. Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

bungholio

Jan 9, 2012
Motorola xoom. Blackberry is a crappy platform.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum