Motorola Xoom price rumor - WIFI only - "Around $600"

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Maybe it was was a typo... maybe they meant $199.99.. hehe.. you can hope right :)

Tedp

Feb 17, 2011
Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc's Xoom tablet will sell for an unsubsidized $799 at Verizon Wireless, with WiFi-only version priced at around $600 price, chief executive Sanjay Jha said on Wednesday.

Motorola's Xoom tablet priced at $799 - baltimoresun.com

I'll be at BestBuy next week with around $600. Still wished it had an IR so it could double as a HT remote.

Heh get a home automation software like charmed quark and the andriod app and it can control much more than your HT :D

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
its amazing how they know just how much we will pay. i personally will wait until on sale for $400 they are sticking it to the folks who have the bucks now! i remember grabbing the first dvd player for $1100 and the first ldp for $2200 what it wrong with me? oh thats right i was rich, if you are interested in purchasing and ldp email me, huh whats an ldp do you ask? your to young. i have a bunch of disks as well! peace and love peace and love. [email protected] this is not an advertisement just making a point.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
its amazing how they know just how much we will pay.

In like most advertising, it's how much they "think" people will pay. All advertising is a virtual test... it only matters what the market will bare. Of course some people will purchase it... thousands will. In my opinion they will not sell more than 100k in Q1, as they are (hoping) telling everyone over 300,000... wishful thinking. I don't think even Verizon is dumb enough to purchase a ton of those.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
its amazing how they know just how much we will pay. i personally will wait until on sale for $400 they are sticking it to the folks who have the bucks now! i remember grabbing the first dvd player for $1100 and the first ldp for $2200 what it wrong with me? oh thats right i was rich, if you are interested in purchasing and ldp email me, huh whats an ldp do you ask? your to young. i have a bunch of disks as well! peace and love peace and love. [email protected] this is not an advertisement just making a point.

lol What is a ldp?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Most likely he is talking about a Laser Disc Player, which then was taken over by popular CD Players a few years later. Back in the early to mid-80's... LDP's were the rage.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc's Xoom tablet will sell for an unsubsidized $799 at Verizon Wireless, with WiFi-only version priced at around $600 price, chief executive Sanjay Jha said on Wednesday.

Motorola's Xoom tablet priced at $799 - baltimoresun.com

I'll be at BestBuy next week with around $600. Still wished it had an IR so it could double as a HT remote.

Nothing in the BB Ad about a $600 option. In fact, Verizon wants you to activate for at least one month to allow you even use WiFi on the $800 tab. I'm frankly just speechless at the audacity.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
I want to see if wifi only version is really available. How come the launch. Of Xoom is so choppy and so little official communication/updates out there.... Ipad2 will have both verions available at the same time and the ipad event is big, official and successful.

I played with xoom in a local store today and am not very impressed. Honestly, don't thing it will stand a chance to win the hearts of the mass tablet potential buyers. Still the 7 inches galaxy tab is just next to the xoom and the form factor and price is still way more attractive than the xoom. To me, xoom just doesn't stand out from the competition.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App