Moving Apps to SD Card

red_dragon721

Jan 7, 2016
I've unlocked my bootloader and installed CWM. I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 11. I've tried several apps such as NextApps SDCard Fix but nothing allows me to move any apps over to my sd card. After running the write fix Android system doesn't recognize the card but the default Cyanogemod File Manager still recognizes it as SdCard1. Has anyone successfully gotten this to work or is this a Lenovo issue?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
If you're on CM-11 - then it's not Lenovo's issue, but, I guess, mine. :) If you do some research about specific init scripts for this, I might be able to help. Although, come to think of it, back when size issues arose in Gingerbread, we added an additional ext4 partition on an external sdcard first...? I don't know how this works on KitKat.

red_dragon721

Jan 7, 2016
Ive searched for a script to help with this issue, but I'm coming up short. I have seen mention of adding a couple of lines to the build prop but I haven't played around with it yet. However I did try out the app FolderMount in the play store and its working out pretty well. I'm using it to link data and opp folders from games to my 32gb SD card it is working great. It seems to work better if you don't customize the folder you link to on the ext SD.

On another note, I've read that other people with devices that emulate an sd card card and have sdcard 0 tend have the problem of the partition writing failing or the external sd card not being recognized.