Moving pictures to A500

johnontheroad

May 20, 2011
I have pictures on a 4G memory stick, in folders, that I want to move into my A500. Using the native multimedia application, I can see the pictures on the stick but no way to move them to my A500.
Any suggestions apreciated.

John

wosto

May 18, 2011
You need to download a file manager like ES file manger (EStrong) from the app store...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you could also use something like PicasaWeb to create the archive online and access it from your tablet. You will have the option to locally cache either just the files you want, or the entire image.

speeddaddy

Mar 29, 2011
I use Dropbox, It's free in the Market ( Up to 2 GB ) If you want more U have to pay. 2 GB is a lot of storage. What you do is download it on your Tab (Market) then go to your computer go to there web site and download it on your computer. Then when you put pics or Vids or files in dropbox on your computer it automatically puts them on your tab in about 2 minutes or less if it's online. Or when you put it in Dropbox on your Tab it goes to your Computers. I downloaded Dropbox on my 4 computers at home and away and when I put something in dropbox it automatically goes to all computers and Tab. I can't believe its this easy and is free. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Dropbox??? Are you serious?

He has the pictures in his hand on a memory stick!
Why in gods name would he upload them to someplace else only to download them to his tablet?

The proper answer was already given. A free file manager.

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
Problem with drop box is u can not save them to the device.... also using something like drop box for dirty picts of your significant other makes me nervous... ha ha

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well other than Pdog's photos... *(cough)*

I'm just amazed that people using an Android device wouldn't realize that to use Android you pretty much have to have a Google account, and with a Google account you have free a Picasa account.

Picasa is already integrated into your Android phone, or Tablet. You an shoot on either device, upload for private OR for public sharing, arrange into albums, mail, download, print, and tweet. The desktop app will even go thru your pictures and do facial recognition of them so you can find all pictures o Uncle Joe.

All from your Phone or or Tablet or the free desktop Picasa program. You don't need these all stored on your device, because they get synced to your ALL your devices (if you choose). Nothing could be easier.

Need more than the free allotment?
$5 per year buys you 20 gig more storage if you want it. For a $100 a year you get 4 times the storage Dropbox will give you for the same price, all backed up in the google cloud.

buffaloquinn

May 21, 2011
I am having similar issues. I have no problem moving pictures from the USB drive to the device, whether it is to the Tab's memory or to the external SD card I have installed. The problem is that none of the built in Media Players (or Picture Viewers) seems to know they are there.
I can click on individual files and view them but I can not see the whole group.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Shut down a day reboot.
The standard gallery app will find every picture on your device, or on your microsd Cardinal fact it will find these in directories that you would rather not have it scan. Such as books and album art.

buffaloquinn

May 21, 2011
Turns out restarting the device does rescan and it found all of the pictures but it's kind of a dumb way to get it to recognize files.