Multi tasking issues

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
Today i was playing a round of solitaire and listening to pandora about 2 mins or so in pandora started skipping like it was having buffer issues is there anyway to fix this?

Also i cant get any shoutcast apps to work all they do is buffer.

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
Try clearing your cache with one of the many available Apps you can find in Market. Add the es task manager Widget to a home screen. Use it to close running apps (you can customize it your preferences). This should allow you to listen to your music without it skipping. Try Meridian as a player. It not only will play music, but also many video formats.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
Thank you however my music problem is with streaming music there is nothing wrong with the stock music player. What I would like to know is there a way to fix this streaming issue or does it have something to do with the weak wifi on this tablet.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Not a solution but observation. Most Android apps are still in their infancy. Any video/music app should have an option to set the amount of buffer and where to put it (sdcard). I don't blame the wifi as it can always be interrupted. A good buffer (cache) of the right size will make any wifi dropouts mute unless the signal in marginal to begin with. My opinion.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
also, you need to keep in mind that each instance of the dalvikvm has only 24MiB of heap RAM on the stock coby rom and 48MiB on watery kyros. this could possibly affect music/video playing apps, even though, IIRC, the telechips SoC has dedicated hardware multimedia chips for decoding/playback/etc.

i just realized i'm rambling because i'm very tired at the moment.

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
I will try using a larger buffer size thank you.

@ l_n i messed up and updated the system before i rooted and added gpps it took 2 hours of sweat and cussing but i got it or i would be trying the watery kyros rom. I would like to get the most out of this tab but with the time it took just to add gapps would i have a hard time adding watery and would it work?

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
There is a setting in Autokiller that lets you lock apps in memory, I think...

Playing with thresholds and relaxing services might help.

AndRS Studio

Force the OOM lower for Pandora

Thank you this helped tried and played 2 games of solitaire with pandora running and had some skip at start but it did stop skipping so this was a big help thank you again.

Now i just need to find a way to make streaming internet radio work without buying a full app to let me increase the buffer size.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Installing a rom is easy. You just have to follow the instructions and remember to wipe data and cache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
I haven't tried to stream music and/or video. I'll try to do both today and post my results.

The Coby does a great job playing most video files without the need to convert the files. Music playing is also good. I use Meridian or Winamp, they both do a good job on music. Meridian and V Player (or something like that) handle most video files.

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
Streaming seems to be one of the last problems i have left to fix.

@l_n So i need to delete all the apps and data on the tab before installing?
And since i am running the 1/26/11 update with the flash image file replaced is there anything else that needs to be done before installing the rom.