My A83T-Based Neutab N11 Plus, General Discussion Thereof

augidog

Dec 26, 2016
I like this budget tablet a LOT for a first look at Android. You have to hit the power button and walk away, but once everything's loaded it's pretty fast and smooth. I use "Droid Info" for what seems to be accurate reporting.

Ok, I have a connectivity problem with my new Viper VTooth Bluetooth Dartboard. The tablet easily connects with various headphones and keyboards, and pairs up with my Blackberry just fine, too. But it does not see the dartboard. My Blackberry does see it, so I know it's working.

1-Turn on Dartboard
2- Turn on Bluetooth on tablet.
3-Open App

Dartboard not detected, and App won't do anything after opening.

I have also tried to let the Dart App "turn on" Bluetooth but that just stops the App.

I've looked around to see that people have had some strange Bluetooth problems when upgrading from Lollipop to Marshmallow, and am wondering if I should look for a suitable ROM and downgrade to Lollipop. I understand the process, and most likely would not mess anything up, plus Neutab provides the original .img so I can always go back.

First question: does Android come with various "drivers" available, or does each image only address the specific CPU/GPU/Chipset? In other words, is it possible to use Neutab's Lollipop .img from another tablet that appears to use the same hardware?

Links to existing discussions that apply are welcome, and thanks in advance for any help.