my boys imx515 stripped down and stuck how to get back working

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi chaps please help me ive taken my sons imx515 apart as it would not boot from its sd at all,now im pretty much stuck on how to get the 2.2 firware back on it:mad:,ive had it boot a couple of times to android screen then thats it,ive tried out various file downloads and and put them on the sd inside the machine,which ive formatted but im not doing something right im new to this but not frightened to try,as its my little boys and now hes gutted(BAD DAD),is there just a way to put the original firware back on the sd inside and boot it up,im really stuck people,can some1 please provide any help,like i said ive had it boot to the very first android screen and the it goes no further,i need to put all the fies back on there but dont know what ones,:confused:,thank u,

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
There are many different model of imx515-based tablet. Which one is yours? What's your screen size?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
only the 1 speaker model yeah two screws thanks for the replys,

unfortunately, I no longer have copy of my 2.2 rom. You can try googling for 1 speaker model(utopia) 2.2 rom as thats the only type that is fully compatible with your tablet.

if you are however interested in my kkmod 2.3 rom, i will made extracted out the 4gb image for you.

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
any1 will do kk u r a blessing,just not sure what the procedure involves once i have it,my sd is 4gb internal,what ever u can do for me would be great,if i get it going ill be (GOOD DAD)again,is it an easy procedure,cheers again

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
hardean: i suggest to you to install android 2.3 rom made by killer kink as it is easier than search the original rom back...beside, killer kink can help you solve problem you might fsced during installation....

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
thank u for the reply is there alink for the rom,as the tablet is apart and card formatted what do i have to do to get to fired up again,thank

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Last edited:

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
thank u kk,the rom has loaded but im getting stuck on the penguin screen,and wont go any further,could u please advise,i know im nearly there,cheers

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi kk got the rom on the sd ok when i boot up it stays on the penguin screen for some reason,is this easy to do,:confused:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
hi kk got the rom on the sd ok when i boot up it stays on the penguin screen for some reason,is this easy to do,:confused:

Did you flash the full 4gb?

try booting up by pressing both the menu + home and then turn the power on. Do you get anything?

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi kk im flashing the card again,i used sd formatter to format,booting in to recovery it stays at kk recovery activated screen in green writing,im going to do the full process again,regards

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
hi kk im flashing the card again,i used sd formatter to format,booting in to recovery it stays at kk recovery activated screen in green writing,im going to do the full process again,regards

Is there an android text when you boot up or it stay at penguin logo? Based on what I see, you dont have a working kernel. There is 1 or 2 cases that I have seen where rom does not seem to be compatible which make me wonder.

Also since you have the kkmod bootloader working, you can also try the following :

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kmod-gingerbread-rom-8-imx515-v2-3-3-r02.html

Follow the installation steps but skip step 3, 4 and 5.

Last edited: