my boys imx515 stripped down and stuck how to get back working

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi kk my pc is not picking up the tablet,how can i get a working driver,cant install rom using romkit because of it,

Last edited:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
hi kk my pc is not picking up the tablet,how can i get a working driver,cant install rom using romkit because of it,

Dont you have a white penguin logo after you flash the 4gb image? Thats the kkmod bootloader.

Does your tablet come with camera?

Last edited:

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi kk yes i do get the penguin but goes no further,i dont have a camera on it,tried the rom kit as u said but its not picking up on the usb so unable to flash the rom that way,regards

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
hi kk yes i do get the penguin but goes no further,i dont have a camera on it,tried the rom kit as u said but its not picking up on the usb so unable to flash the rom that way,regards

did you get the green color text that say entering flash mode when you hold the menu+back button?

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
yes i get that $IMAG0003.jpg,just cant go any further than that screen,

hardean

Jan 5, 2011
hi kk ive tried 3 usb ports on my pc,and also tried the 2 on my sons pc with no joy on either,proper stressed now,is there another way,:confused:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
hi kk ive tried 3 usb ports on my pc,and also tried the 2 on my sons pc with no joy on either,proper stressed now,is there another way,:confused:

Its likely that kkmod rom is not compatible with your tablet for reason unknown to me. I guess you should start searching for your original firmware.