My dreambook don't receive sms....

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You need a tablet with phone capabilities for SMS. Do you have a Google Voice account? If you get one of those, you can set up Google Voice on your tablet, and then you can SMS with cell users.

cubamellama

Aug 18, 2011
but the dreambokk has the sim card slot too. i need google voice at the same time?? thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
do you have cell service? SMS is broadcast over Cell, not WiFi. Is there a SIM in the slot?

cubamellama

Aug 18, 2011
yes for sure...3g internet connection is perfect i can call...i can receive call...only the sms...i can send but don't receive...the only ine thing...if i send me an sms from my pc by skype it receive in another way not. sorry for my english i hop that you understand! thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Then that sounds like a limitation of the provider for your SIM card's service. Have you contacted them?

cubamellama

Aug 18, 2011
yes they said to ceck my number for receive sms (Smsc) but it was right, and whit another phone all is ok....i don't know....
i tryied to set only 2g network too....but nothing...

susanto

Oct 30, 2011
I have experienced this before. After downgraded to V.20, SMS service was solved.

Click URL below to download the version V.20. Hope it helps V20.rar

Ximno

Nov 26, 2011
I've had a similar problem.
I was able to send SMS and receive as long as the tablet screen was on.
During sleep, when the processor went to sleep I couldb still receive calls but not SMS.

I Installed "wake lock" app and this fixed the problem.

I still have the problem that I can send MMS, but can't receive MMS whether awake or asleep.

V20 hd104 running Android 2.2

Any ideas on how to fix this MMS issue

(Yes, I've tried turning off auto retrieve)

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum