Dreambook W7 Pros/Cons ??

poulsej

Jun 5, 2011
I've been looking for a fully functioning 7-8 inch tablet for a long time but there always seems to have been too many negatives on each one.

I was looking for;

• 3G / WIFI / Multitouch / Front facing camera / GPS (not AGPS)
Pandawill pretty much said a device with these features just wasn't available until the Dreambook came along. I was considering the Dreambook for a while along with various mainstream products such as the Galaxy Tab.

Based on the Dreambook sticky I've worked out the 3G module isn't the best and the screen isn't actually multitouch. I saw a video clip of this unit running on a UK 3Mobile Sim card so at least that's one UK network it must be able to work on. I can't see how the lack of multitouch would affect me. Other than this are there any other "cons"? I guess the other question which hasn't been answered is; can this be upgraded to 2.3 or even 3.0? I assume 3.0 is out of the question based on the hardware.

Also nobody seems to have said whether the GPS functionality or screen quality is any good.

Ambermile

Jun 16, 2011
Well, it is multitouch - capacitive to be precise, and screen quality is excellent. I run mine on GiffGaff which uses the O2 network and all is just fine there, even on 3G setting. It was also OK on Vodafone before that but GiffGaff gives me unlimited data for £10 a month (pm for a card :D). Not sure about upgrades though I suspect 3 is as you say out of the question. I do know that backup and service from Synrgic is excellent and fast which makes a big difference.

Arthur

Last edited:

kami

Jun 22, 2011
Hi,

I am also planning to buy one. Are you still satisfied with the overall quality? How does a 720P video run on it? how does the wifi work? do you have full access to the market? do you get good support for your product?

Thank you

Well, it is multitouch - capacitive to be precise, and screen quality is excellent. I run mine on GiffGaff which uses the O2 network and all is just fine there, even on 3G setting. It was also OK on Vodafone before that but GiffGaff gives me unlimited data for £10 a month (pm for a card :D). Not sure about upgrades though I suspect 3 is as you say out of the question. I do know that backup and service from Synrgic is excellent and fast which makes a big difference.

Arthur

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
I haven't been able to get anything to work. Bluetooth- no work. WIFI- no work. USB- no work. SIM- no work. I hate the damn thing.