Dreambook W7 GPS problems !!!!!

jxp

Jun 19, 2011
Just picked up a new Dreambook and noticed there seems to be a problem with the GPS.

Is anyone using the GPS function? I installed Copilot and also GPS Test and discovered the speed field is double the actual speed. Copilot goes mental but GPS Test ( and other apps) actually shows the speed is exactly 2x the real speed. Even tried it next to my old Tomtom and it's exactly the same.

Tried both MPH and KMH and both show 2x the actual speed.

My Dreambook is running B02V03-20110509(HD105).

Any ideas anyone. It's a shame Synrgic doesn't run a support forum.

Cheers

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
My GPS is not working at all... Couldn't find my location..... Tried Google Maps and GPS test as well... anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I have tried v20, v25 and now running andrioid 2.3.3 beta version.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Even with 2.3 beta version this annoying GPS bug still remains. I hope Synrgic fix it, in time to the upcoming official 2.3 release.

Last edited:

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
Any help would really be appriciated, Can anyone tell how to fix gps problem. I mean its not getting any sigs, not fixing to ny satellite, so not showing my location at all. Iv tried indoor n outdoor wid loads of different gps apps.Pls help me wid dis thing, its really driving me crazy.

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
Any help would really be appriciated, Can anyone tell how to fix gps problem. I mean its not getting any sigs, not fixing to ny satellite, so not showing my location at all. Iv tried indoor n outdoor wid loads of different gps apps.Pls help me wid dis thing, its really driving me crazy.

Your GPS never worked, or just after the upgrade?
What happens after you turn GPS on in settings?

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
Your GPS never worked, or just after the upgrade?
What happens after you turn GPS on in settings?

It never worked. Recieved it about 2 weeks ago and gps wasn't working, Upgraded with v20 and then v25 but no joy.

Well I ticked the box in Settings > Location & Security Settings > Use GPS Satellites > yes

In google maps it can't find my current location. infact its not giving me any location at all.

In GPS Test. GPS on green light. But no Long or Lat 0:0:0

I have recently upgraded to Android 2.3.3 via MFG Tools but its still showing the same thing...

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
You may have a hardware problem with the GPS receiver. Have you reported the problem to seller?

sarabvi

Jul 18, 2011
yes i did and he goes install the v20 and everything will be fixed.

So you think its a hardware problem then? :(

Werk_AG

Jul 14, 2011
yes i did and he goes install the v20 and everything will be fixed.

So you think its a hardware problem then? :(

I thought that you had a malfunction with your GPS hardware, but if it works with v20, is not a hardware malfunction.