My experience setting up my new Nook Color

snookiecolor

Dec 24, 2010
Anyone having issues with volume after the book device is in sleep mode? For some reason, my volume no longer works after the nook wakes up from sleep mode. I have to restart the nook for the volume to work again...

Anyone have this problem or at least can point me in the direction to fix thi issue.

Thanks

Sent from nook color

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Anyone having issues with volume after the book device is in sleep mode? For some reason, my volume no longer works after the nook wakes up from sleep mode. I have to restart the nook for the volume to work again...

Anyone have this problem or at least can point me in the direction to fix thi issue.

Thanks

Sent from nook color
Wish I had better news, but I think I've seen mention of this on XDA, and both owners ended up getting replacements. I'll post back if I can find the thread I saw.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wish I had better news, but I think I've seen mention of this on XDA, and both owners ended up getting replacements. I'll post back if I can find the thread I saw.

-Matt
Here it is:

Auto-Nooter 2.12.25 (1.0.1 Only) - Page 79 - xda-developers

Originally Posted by naezwood My friend bought his Nook Color tonight and I immediately proceeded to update to 1.0.1 and then root it using Auto-Nooter 2.12.25. It's working fine, except that when you lock the screen and wait 4-5 seconds and unlock it there's no sound. We've tried lowering and raising the volume but nothing seems to work. I have a rooted nook color that I rooted using the version right before 2.12.25 and it doesn't have this problem. Is anybody else having this problem with the newest version of Auto-Nooter?
I had the same problem with my sound before ever rooting it. I took it back to B&N and they replaced it. Now, even after rooting it, I'm having no trouble with my sound.

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Well ~5+ hours and the charging cord LED is not green. I'm just curious as to why this is happening.

I guess I can get a battery meter app so it makes everyone happy.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Well ~5+ hours and the charging cord LED is not green. I'm just curious as to why this is happening.

I guess I can get a battery meter app so it makes everyone happy.
Yep, just checked and mine is glowing green. :)

What do you mean meter app?...what about the icon in the corner? OH, you want to know to the exact percent?!?!?! ;) Remember you can always pull up the native NC settings -> Device Settings -> Device Info to check battery. If you're looking for a widget, Battery Left is my favorite!

-Matt

rltipva

Dec 23, 2010
Matt,
I found the app I think you were talking about...root manager(file manager) on the market...it is a paid app ($3.87) is the one you were talking about?

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
The cord did finally turn green. I unplugged it, started the NC and plugged it back it in. It turned green. Who knows.

Now to root my parents NC. I may need to get my own NC. I have the Droid Incredible, but the rooted NC is awesome. I may have to get my own.....

Thanks again for all the advice and feedback. That is what makes these devices awesome. So many people willing to share their knowledge and experiences.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
The cord did finally turn green. I unplugged it, started the NC and plugged it back it in. It turned green. Who knows.

Now to root my parents NC. I may need to get my own NC. I have the Droid Incredible, but the rooted NC is awesome. I may have to get my own.....

Thanks again for all the advice and feedback. That is what makes these devices awesome. So many people willing to share their knowledge and experiences.
Have you tried video yet? ;)

-Matt

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Yes, I have run video.....as in youtube. It's awesome.

I just ran into another problem. I downloaded from market the facebook app and my wife got caught on somebodies pictures and I can't figure how to back out, return to the previous page.

.....any suggestions?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Nononononoono, I mean a good-bitrate MP4! I just encoded Harry Potter 6 and it looks great. :)

Simple suggestion for backing out of FB pictures: touch the screen, and then select "Share." It fails ;) and then returns you to the album.

Have you tried Button Savior yet? Very nice app with soft home/menu/back/search buttons:

Button Savior (Root) - Android app on AppBrain

-Matt

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Awesome. My wife asked me about videos......I said I think so. Where do you get your videos from? Can I buy and download or load them....how does that work?

I have not tried button savior yet. that sounds like a better solution.

BTW, my Christmas present was logitech revue/google tv. I haven't decided if i like it or not.