My woPad and tablet holder w/ mini usb keyboard

yeyeom

Jan 17, 2011
$IMGA0005.JPG$IMGA0012.JPG$IMGA0006.JPG$IMGA0007.JPG$IMGA0003.JPG

just bought my android tablet from ********** and leather case, love them!!!

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi! I got the same setup as pictured above (from Merimobiles). The Wopad is a decent little tablet! However, it does not recognize the Keyboard no matter what I try. I have sent an email to the supplier about this and I am waiting for an answer.

The Keyboard seems to have three little LEDs - is that correct? Does anything light up when you plug the Keyboard into the Wopad? Mine stays dark.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get these pieces to play together? Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi ving, Thanks for your interest. Yes - I tried it both ways. I have a few more things to try, and I will post updates here as information becomes available.

yeyeom

Jan 17, 2011
Here is a video instruction from my supplier, wish it could help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi - this is interesting - thank you very much. My situation is a little different from what is shown above.

1) In the above instructions, the "Case/Keyboard" cable terminates in a full-width USB plug. In my case, the termination is a MINI-PLUG. There are two USB ports on the Wopad. It may be that "host mode" only controls the full-width port. This may be a problem.

2) When I go to Settings/"Language & keyboard" the option to turn the on-screen keyboard off - as shown in the above video instructions - is not there! Even if I select "Android Keyboard" there is no such option.

So I may have received the wrong case, the wrong firmware, or both. This is perplexing.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
For the Wopad, do any other peripherals work with it? You want to isolate the issue. The keyboard should just a standard USB keyboard. Try plugging the keyboard into your computer and see if it works properly first.

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi xaueious, very logical - thank you.

1) The Case/Keyboard will not plug into my computer, because it has a MINI-PLUG termination and my computer only accepts full-width USB cables.

2) What other peripherals could I try with the Wopad? I did use the USB cable that came with it - which has a full-width plug on one side and mini-plug on the other - to transfer files to the Wopad from the computer, and this works.

EDIT - I have now tried the next thing I was going to try, which fits with the above. I tried a "flexible keyboard" that came as a freebie with my order. This has a USB cable that terminates in a full-width plug. This works! Furthermore, once this is plugged in (in "Host Mode") the option to deselect the on-screen keyboard does appear! Yay!

So, at this time the problem may be that my Case/Keyboard came with the wrong USB cable plug type. I am waiting for "online chat support" at this moment - I will provide them with this additional information.

Thanks for your help folks!

Last edited:

steveb625

Dec 18, 2010
Hi xaueious, very logical - thank you.

1) The Case/Keyboard will not plug into my computer, because it has a MINI-PLUG termination and my computer only accepts full-width USB cables.

2) What other peripherals could I try with the Wopad? I did use the USB cable that came with it - which has a full-width plug on one side and mini-plug on the other - to transfer files to the Wopad from the computer, and this works.

EDIT - I have now tried the next thing I was going to try, which fits with the above. I tried a "flexible keyboard" that came as a freebie with my order. This has a USB cable that terminates in a full-width plug. This works! Furthermore, once this is plugged in (in "Host Mode") the option to deselect the on-screen keyboard does appear! Yay!

So, at this time the problem may be that my Case/Keyboard came with the wrong USB cable plug type. I am waiting for "online chat support" at this moment - I will provide them with this additional information.

Thanks for your help folks!

Someone on another forum (or maybe this one in another thread) had the same problem and soldered a new pigtail with the large A USB male connector. I would not be so brave but I would use an A male to mini B female adapter.

Here is a link to one: USB Adapter, USB "A" Male to "Mini B", 5 Pin, Female - USB Adapters

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Hi steveb625,

Thank you very much. After waiting an hour for Merimobiiles "on-line" chat the operator finally said "How can I help you" I explained everything and after another long wait "Operator Logged Out". This is the third time. First time I waited four hours. Second time about two hours. This time, one hour. Useless!

I ordered an adaptor from here:

Amazon.com: Manhattan, USB A Male to Mini-5 Female Adapter: Electronics

Now, I got to find a way to prod Merimobiles to send the rest of my order. Joy, joy.

ving

Dec 20, 2010
sweet, glad you are all fixed
i think the miniusb is only for conecting to a pc... could be wrong

yeyeom

Jan 17, 2011
this tablet holder is work very well with my android tablet, pretty cool.
I agree with "trying plugging the keyboard into your computer and see if it works properly first".

For the Wopad, do any other peripherals work with it? You want to isolate the issue. The keyboard should just a standard USB keyboard. Try plugging the keyboard into your computer and see if it works properly first.