Navigation for huawei s7

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
Hello.
Can we make a list of navigational software that u tested and works on this tablet ?

Thank you!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Google Maps
Google Navigation
Google Skymap (for Extra-Terrestrials and the occasional sub-etha senso-matic user)
Locale
Buzz
Copilot

Those are the various ones I have used.

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
i tried ndrive and it is working

aura it's not working
google navigation remains at checking navigation availability screen

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
do you have an S7 or the Telsta version? I believe the Testra has some "tweaks" to the GPS to limit capabilities.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Are you saying that google nav doesn't work at all or is hanging on a specific screen? Working fine for me as long as the S7 has a data connection (I tether to my phone's wifi hotspot). Will even continue to nav on the current route even if I lose the data connection enroute!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Tablet Forum App

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
Are you saying that google nav doesn't work at all or is hanging on a specific screen? Working fine for me as long as the S7 has a data connection (I tether to my phone's wifi hotspot). Will even continue to nav on the current route even if I lose the data connection enroute!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Tablet Forum App

It is hanging at a specific screen. (checking navigation availability) - screen

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
it might have a problem with the fact that i installed maps 5.0 from apk because i could not find google maps on the market ?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
that could be. Go to m.google.com/maps from the S7 browser and see if that gets you the proper update.

poan

Dec 20, 2010
Hello
I've been using OSMAND together with the build in GPS. Its Ok but: some limitations for pre loaded maps (based on openstreet map), will not give "turn" info. For the moment I dont have knowlege enough to make up my own maps and get them to work from the 2nd SDcard.
Huawei IDEOS S7 from BB.
P-O

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
if you have it set up for 3G you should have a phone number associated with it, click the link to send the install link to your phone.