NC Sound

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
Is there a hack, a software, or a setting that will allow non-system sounds to use the onboard speaker?

Kinda lame to output sound to the speaker jack only when there's a perfectly good speaker onboard...

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
This must have been a fluke. I tested it again today and it worked like a champ.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Good to hear gawd...I was looking into it to try and find an answer for you, but I wasn't finding anything...glad to hear it was a glitch in the matrix

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
I thought I had seen mention of Pandora and MP3 files playing over the headphone output only in official Nook documentation, so when I tried it the other day and I didn't get sound, I assumed this was the case.

Then I saw other threads here and other places where people had an issue with sound output being flaky, so I went back and re-tested.

I did have an odd reboot yesterday while I was using my NC that was a little disconcerting. I'm also hoping that this was a fluke.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I thought I had seen mention of Pandora and MP3 files playing over the headphone output only in official Nook documentation, so when I tried it the other day and I didn't get sound, I assumed this was the case.

Then I saw other threads here and other places where people had an issue with sound output being flaky, so I went back and re-tested.

I did have an odd reboot yesterday while I was using my NC that was a little disconcerting. I'm also hoping that this was a fluke.

I am not sure if it applies to the 1.1 update but there is a know issue with an ocassional random rebooting when going into sleep mode

GaWd

Feb 18, 2011
No, this happened as I was composing a post on Androidtablets while using the stock browser.

It hasn't happened again.