No Sound without headphones. Sound for notifications and alarms only

egelasi

Sep 19, 2012
I am hard of hearing so the little speakers on the Vizio were barely audible to me but my wife could hear them fine (she has normal hearing). I bought an external amplified speaker that fits in the headphone jack so we could both enjoy movies.

After a week or so, now there is no sound coming out of Vizio speakers except notification and alarm sounds (which I might assume are coming from another speaker inside the unit).

I tried all the sound setting with no luck. I am thinking I might have damaged the headphone jack so that it "thinkks" there is a headphone plugged in and bypasses the speakers. The headphone jack works. But I don't want to always have to rely on the plug in speakers.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks
Ed

Oct 10, 2012
I am hard of hearing so the little speakers on the Vizio were barely audible to me but my wife could hear them fine (she has normal hearing). I bought an external amplified speaker that fits in the headphone jack so we could both enjoy movies.

After a week or so, now there is no sound coming out of Vizio speakers except notification and alarm sounds (which I might assume are coming from another speaker inside the unit).

I tried all the sound setting with no luck. I am thinking I might have damaged the headphone jack so that it "thinkks" there is a headphone plugged in and bypasses the speakers. The headphone jack works. But I don't want to always have to rely on the plug in speakers.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks
Ed

I am having the same exact problem with my Vizio Tab! Can you tell me if you have had any solutions to the problem?

woodslink

Apr 19, 2012
If it "thinks" a headset is plugged in, try an app called SoundAbout in the Google Play store. It was originally created to ignore those unwanted headset plug in signals.