Need Help Again.....because, you all are awesome!

AU_Mama

Oct 25, 2012
I had posted about my seven year old and getting him a Tablet for Christmas. The laptop that I have is HORRID at best and I am a Environment / Organic nut case. I dislike using paper and seeing as how I am a Nursing Student, I use a lot of it. I would like to purchase a tablet for school use and was wondering which would be good for school use. Something that is going to allow me to access the internet, use OpenOffice, take notes, make flash cards, and keep my family organized.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Would you have access to an Internet connection while in class or was WEB access not important while taking notes.

If the later, most of the main stream tablets would be great as there are tons of apps for note taking. Unfortunately there is no OpenOffice for Android, (yet) only document viewers. If you would need WEB access anywhere you might be able to narrow down your selection to a tablet with 3G or 4G.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If note taking is a critical part of the equation I highly recommend Samsung devices with the S-pen. This is the best current option when hand written notes are important.

jonling

Apr 3, 2012
There is OfficeSuite, I use it daily. Only $14 US$

Would you have access to an Internet connection while in class or was WEB access not important while taking notes.

If the later, most of the main stream tablets would be great as there are tons of apps for note taking. Unfortunately there is no OpenOffice for Android, (yet) only document viewers. If you would need WEB access anywhere you might be able to narrow down your selection to a tablet with 3G or 4G.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Office Suite and Documents To Go. Quick Office does not recognize the internal cards on my 2 Acer tablets / Note 2.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Office Suite and Documents To Go. Quick Office does not recognize the internal cards on my 2 Acer tablets / Note 2.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

That's amazing, and really strange. You may want to ping the developers to ask what's up?