need help finding an app

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm looking for an app which can show whether my wifi transmitter is on or off. The android one only shows a connection.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you all,
Richardo

Sent from my Flytouch 2 via the AndroidTablets.net app
By Richardo Crispus

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
try "weather and toggle widget" i use that in combination with a clock/weather widget. you can also get toggle widgets like airplane mode, wifi, gps, silent/vibrate...and so on

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for the suggest but that one is showing up as paid on my market and I don't have a google cash account.

Thank you regardless,
Richardo

By Richardo Crispus

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Try WiFi Analyzer. I have used it on 1.6,2.1,and 2.2 This will prove whether you have it on as it will find all APs if On. None if off

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I use Wifi analyser but I was hoping to re find the app which shows wuifi being on but not transmitting in the notifications or something

Thank you for the advice,
Richardo

By Richardo Crispus

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
hmm i dont know an app like that.. on my tab and droidx it tells me when a wifi network is available.. is that what you mean?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
No, I mean like a wee icon beside the LAN symbol which shows either when the wifi is on but not connected or when the wifi chip is physically off.
I rememeber seeing an app like this but cannot, for the life of mne, remember where...

Hope this helps and thank you,
Richardo

By Richardo Crispus

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
There is no need for an app like this. There is an indicator built into Android. Two actually. One is in the status bar, it will show the strength of the signal too. The other appears if you press and hold the power button for 1 sec. It will give you the status of silent mode, airplane mode, bluetooth, wifi & gps.