Need Help Identifying if Tablet is a Clone, If I Can Root

Nikogrel

Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys! I recently was gifted a new tablet, and I need a little help. It is a Proscan(Curtis) PLT8031 8 inch tablet running on the Rockchip 2918 chip (1.2 Ghz) and running ICS. It has 512MB of ram, 2GB of storage and has a 4:3 800x600 display. It also has a small front facing camera (no rear camera). Also, it cannot charge over USB. It has a seperate AC adapter for that purpose. USB is data only.

I'm trying to figure out a few things.
1: Is my tablet a clone of another tablet?
2: How can I install google play and make it function correctly? Nevermind! I figured this out on my own by installing the vending.apk from a link I found via google.
3: How can I root my device? (I'd prefer an easier method, but I'm not afraid to get dirty. I've rooted my phones many times)
4: Are there any custom ROMs available?

I attached a couple images of the tablet for identification purposes.

I greatly appreciate any and all help. :)

$IMG_20121006_194418.jpg$IMG_20121006_194430.jpg

Last edited:

asmd2020

Oct 5, 2012
Hi Nikogrel, did you find out anything else about the tablet? I"ve been trying to find some things about it but all the posts "I find noone comments, just get moved to another section. Can you please readd the link you had, i didnt get to download it before you edited your post....thanks and if /i learn anything about it I will tell you here.

generalwrex

Jul 29, 2012
Hey guys! I recently was gifted a new tablet, and I need a little help. It is a Proscan(Curtis) PLT8031 8 inch tablet running on the Rockchip 2918 chip (1.2 Ghz) and running ICS. It has 512MB of ram, 2GB of storage and has a 4:3 800x600 display. It also has a small front facing camera (no rear camera). Also, it cannot charge over USB. It has a seperate AC adapter for that purpose. USB is data only.

I'm trying to figure out a few things.
1: Is my tablet a clone of another tablet?
2: How can I install google play and make it function correctly? Nevermind! I figured this out on my own by installing the vending.apk from a link I found via google.
3: How can I root my device? (I'd prefer an easier method, but I'm not afraid to get dirty. I've rooted my phones many times)
4: Are there any custom ROMs available?

I attached a couple images of the tablet for identification purposes.

I greatly appreciate any and all help. :)

View attachment 8360View attachment 8361

Which APK did you use? I've tried several different ones and they all say it stopped responding.

Also I'm having trouble installing the devices drivers for ADB, I cant find the device to update the drivers on, lol