Need Help w/ Rooting Kyros 7015

aolson

Dec 26, 2010
I have seen the instructions on the sticky, but have a few questions:
My laptop does NOT have a slot for a SD Card, can I still proform the root and how? Do I have to install the Windows SW & ADB drivers, Clockworkmod Recovery too if all I want is the Android Market? Sorry, but not very tech savy.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yes, clockwork is needed to get the market. The sdk gives you access to adb. The adb shell gives you root access by default on the kyros.

If you follow the instructions in the sticky, you'll be fine.

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
This is what i followed to root my coby kyros. i cant get to you tube from work,
so go to you tube and search for "coby kyros android tablet mid7015 step by step" by phase3d it was extreamly simple and done within 15 minutes
this video shows yuo how to root the kyros without using a PC all done directly on the device. :)

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
i think if you have already done the update from coby then no. if you havent run the update from coby then yes becasue in the first step you have to put the device back to factory settings and then aply the update.

njd20

Jan 22, 2011
I just used the above link and my Kyros works great, You have to root the unit you are missing so much.