need help with tablet

stephenj37826

May 8, 2011
i bought this thing yesterday and it won't boot past the sylvania screen. I've tried to do the three finger combo but there is no boot image. So i get the error update package is demaged. What should i do? this thing crapped out in less than 2 hours use and i didn't root it or anything else just installing apps from the factory market.

stephenj37826

May 8, 2011
I boght this tablet yesterday and it just hung up. So i pushed the reset button and now it won't get past the sylvania screen. I have burned images to the sd card as was suggested because there wasn't a recovery. I have narrowed it down to the correct recovery image but it keeps saying it is demaged. ughhhhh

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I boght this tablet yesterday and it just hung up.

With the device being purchased just yesterday, attempt to contact customer service before contacting the retailer.

From the materials included in the box -
Customer Service

If you are experiencing problems with this product, please contact customer service before contacting your retailer.

Just call 888-571-0866

Or email [email protected]
$DG_suppt.JPG

If you are unable to get assistance from customer service, with a more detailed description of the issue and the steps taken to resolve some solutions here may be of value.

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
The second unit I purchased (not the one that I am modding) crapped out already. It is doing the same thing. I cannot get it past the 1st Sylvania screen. 3 finger doesnt work and I have tried everything. I bought it for my mother to use to read e-books and today was the first day that she has tried it since it was purchased....

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
The second unit I purchased (not the one that I am modding) crapped out already. It is doing the same thing. I cannot get it past the 1st Sylvania screen. 3 finger doesnt work and I have tried everything. I bought it for my mother to use to read e-books and today was the first day that she has tried it since it was purchased....

lorenii, good news and bad news, which do you want first. OK, good news you know the process to request a "Return Merchandise Authorization" (RMA) from anyone of your favorite Digital Gadgets Customer Service team who were so responsive on your first attempts to get both devices replaced/repaired. Bad new, you know the process to request a "Return Merchandise Authorization" (RMA) from anyone of your favorite Digital Gadgets Customer Service team who were so responsive on your first attempts to get both devices replaced/repaired and how long it takes for them to respond and the hassle of packaging it up and sending it off to wait some unknown amount of time to get the same device returned. You're not the first to send the tablet for multiple trips to NJ for repair/replacement and probably won't be the last. It seems expensive to constantly have users ship the device for repair where if there was a stable firmware and recovery options users would attempt themselves. Good luck whatever you decide.

PS, Did you attempt to burn the appropriate InfoTM Update Wrap file to see if it would boot from the micro SD card or respond on the OTG port? One thing I don't think anyone has reported yet is what happens if you let the battery completely drain. Meaning, when a cell phone acts up one approach is to remove the battery. Since the battery is soldered to the board in this tablet and can't be removed but you could just leave it on till it dies and then attempt to burn with the power adapter attached. Oh wait, you're modding one of your tablets, what about doing the same on the second stuck one and disconnect the battery?

PSS, the good news/bad news was an attempt at humor!

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I have already had both of my units take the UPS train to DigitalGadgets. I got the same ones back with 2.2 on them and a post it note that said they could not reproduce the issue that I was having with both (dropping WIFI and not reconnecting without rebooting).... aaaaannnd when I got them back there was no difference in how they worked (no better/no worse). Then I went thru and loaded everything back on them (apps that I had bought) and decided to do an "update".... bad move. It was basically a factory reset with no update.

I have tried to do everything I could think of to get it to boot. It is not getting past the first "static" sylvania screen.

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
I had similar issues with 3 10" Sylvania Magni Tablets...I'm on my 4th, and everything is okay so far.

I like the device, so I'll keep replacing them, until I get one that lives.