Need Image File For Coby Kyros MID1045 HELP!

skottyb7

Feb 21, 2015
Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction to d/l an image file for a Coby Kyros MID1045? I believe I've scoured every corner of the web for this image file with no success. I have seen the rom dumps but i am unable to create an image file from these. Thanks in advance!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
LiveSuite images are unlikely to be found as our root methods here do not require that software. Official firmware images from Coby do not exist as Coby never released them and went out of business.

We provide instructions on using the dumps to restore tablets. Any reason that method isn't open to you?

skottyb7

Feb 21, 2015
I tried using the dump that I found for the MID1045, but it was unsuccessful. I am looking for a way to convert a dump file into a flashable zip, or image file. P.S. I am on a Windows 7 machine with the right drivers and ADB.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014

skottyb7

Feb 21, 2015
Yes it is an Allwinner A10 system. ADB is working if I flash "sun4i_crane_mid1042_120701(8GB)V1.img" . I also have CWM on the tab. It took a bad flash or wrong rom was flashed. I can get into Clockwork recovery and fastboot only. When I power it up, the screen reacts but nothing shows if you know what I mean. Sometimes I get the Coby logo.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, that image is the wrong one for your tablet, which explains why you don't get anything on boot. The internals for the two tablets are totally different. In fact, it's a minor miracle that you didn't completely brick the tablet trying to install CWM, as ADB and LiveSuite do not play well together.

skottyb7

Feb 21, 2015
Is there a way to convert a MID1045 rom dump into a CWM flashable rom or image file?

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Vampirefo's guide that I linked to above should work for you as long as you can get adb working in CWM and you have a 1045 dump. That is, IF said dump is for the same version 1045 that you have, Coby had a habit of changing hardware in mid-run. Maybe that's why all their tablets have MID in the model number.

jesher69

Mar 6, 2016
Hello! you could recover tablet? I have one in the same conditions .... when trying to restore a dump file there was an error in system.tar . Now the tablet has black screen. any idea how to get it back? Excuse my poor English .