Netlix wont Update

smilnjack27

May 1, 2011
I'm running c7 and have had my build prop setup for Nexus S

ro.product.model=Nexus S

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

It worked for awhile and then I had to change it to htc and deleted netflix and cleared all my data from the market and that worked but as of sept 22 when I go to the market it shows that it can be updated but when I click it there's a yellow line saying my device is unsupported. Please if anyone knows any way to fix this so I can update again let me know.
Thanks for any help

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There is no longer any need to change your build prop to get NetFlix to work. You may want to put that back to normal and then see if you can update.

trjcasper

May 17, 2011
I bet it is due to the new market being device aware. The nook color isn't supported by netflix. The build prop fix may be more helpful than harmful, but I'm thinking there may be a more involved answer. Two things to try. One is to use an older, non-device aware market version to update...the other requires editing something in the build prop to 160 instead of 161. I'm sure someone else can elaborate on what I'm talking about...posting from my g2 and typing sucks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Netflix actually supports all Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices now which is why th build prop is no longer an issue. You should also be able to update apps you have already installed even under the new Market version. If you unistall an app though and try to get it from the new Market you may run into an issue where there is no download button for the app. In that case you can revert to the old Market or change your lcd density from 161 to 160.

I suspect that someplace along the lines of editing your build prop and clearing your data things got out of wack. I suggest starting clean with Netfilx and using the default build prop and then take it from there. Since you are using CM7 you are on 2.3, you also need to have Flash installed and working properly. If you have the new Market and go to install Netflix after an uninstall you may need to use the new Market tricks in order to download.

JP

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I just updated from nightly Build 160 to Build 177 and my "Build prop" LCD density that had been changed from 161 to 160 had changed back to LCD density 161.
After changing it again to 160, the market began to behave. Now I can go do the Netflix update, if there is a new one.
Fussing with the Applications > Market > clear data has become "what you have to do to get what you want" for me. It seems to revert without provocation to whatever state it likes whenever I'm not looking.

PS, just updated Netflix without any problems.

Even with the minor hassles, it's not so bad for an ereader

Last edited:

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Try nightly 200 or higher. The market has been fixed via the lcd density setting so you do not have to modify anything.