New 2.1 install how to view SD Card Contents?

longwinter

Jul 8, 2010
Hi I just successfully installed a new English Android 2.1 ROM on my tablet. It now boots to that correctly. I reformatted my SD card that I used to do the install and now I want to add apps and media to my device.

The problem is my basic 2.1 install has no file explorer that I can see? My SD Card is "prepared" correctly on the device and the "music" app can detect the music I've got on the card and play it, but there is no video player, file explorer or market place apps.

Also my USB connection to PC is recognized as an Android phone when connected but then is not recognized a moment later.

How do I browse to my SD Card to install an "file explorer" or "market place" app so I can add and view/add content and apps on my device?

Cheers for any help.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
You can either install an app via ADB, or, open the web browser, go to slideme.org, download the AndExplorer app and open it from the "Download" menu.

kirimizy

Dec 24, 2010
Hi I just successfully installed a new English Android 2.1 ROM on my tablet. It now boots to that correctly. I reformatted my SD card that I used to do the install and now I want to add apps and media to my device.

The problem is my basic 2.1 install has no file explorer that I can see? My SD Card is "prepared" correctly on the device and the "music" app can detect the music I've got on the card and play it, but there is no video player, file explorer or market place apps.

Also my USB connection to PC is recognized as an Android phone when connected but then is not recognized a moment later.

How do I browse to my SD Card to install an "file explorer" or "market place" app so I can add and view/add content and apps on my device?

Cheers for any help.
Hi i'm looking for android rom. please how to install it

thank