New 7 inch tablet by XTEX called "my tablet" issue

fazluke

Jun 20, 2012
I bought this low cost 7 inch tablet from Xtex (named My Tablet) and after lot of wait, I finally have it. I ran into a problem right away when I tried to reduce the screen brightness to a low value. All of sudden, the screen is black and I do not see anything. I tried to turn it off and on but after the usual boot where I see the android icon and their start up icon, I get the blank screen (I am assuming I am at the main screen but can't see it). I tried to guess where is the unlock circle then go to through the steps to get to the same spot to change brightness again but failed.

My next step was to reset it so I can solve the issue. I searched for how to in all forums but the issue with this unit is that it does not have volume buttons. There are power, menu, and ESC buttons only. I experimented by assuming that the menu and ESC buttons might serve the same purpose as the vol up/down buttons but I could not get into recovery.

Is there a way to reset to factory or is there another way to get over this problem?

By the way, the tablet OS is 4.0.3 and it is rooted (did not get a chance to confirm that but company advertized that fact)

Thank you,

fazluke

Jun 20, 2012
After over 200 views, I thought I'll get someone to help. No such luck, so I went to another site and within minutes I got the answer. I am posting it here in case some one run into this problem with Xtex tablet.

The issue is if you click the brightess widget, you will get zero brightness and the screen will blank, so the solution is: Install ADB if you do not have it already on your PC
Download and install Droid Explorer Run it, ensuring you "powered on" tablet is recognized. Along the top row of icons, there is one called Screen Cast (hovering over the icons will show the name). Select it, let the Java applet install, then click Screen Cast and that should open a new window, mirroring the tablets screen. Then you can navigate on the tablet to settings.... and cghange brightness.
Here is a link to Youtube showing this:
Hope this will help some someone with one of these lousy Xtex tablets

Last edited by a moderator:

MacLibNick

Jun 6, 2012
I've got this same problem but I must not be doing something right. If you can assist further let me know. Thanks

viclewis

Jul 2, 2012
I downloaded SDK and Droid Explorer 0.8.8.2 but my tablet is not recognized because I don't have the usb driver program.

Also, having problem getting a usb driver to work with Windows XP. Could you assist with a driver? Thanks

viclewis

Jul 2, 2012
I downloaded SDK and Droid Explorer 0.8.8.2 but my tablet is not recognized because I don't have the usb driver program.

viclewis

Jul 2, 2012
I did the same thing and here is what I did.
I downloaded and installed Android Explorer, attached my tablet to computer using usb cable and turned the tablet on.
Opened Droid Explorer and it recognized the tablet. I then selected Screen Cast icon at top and it showed/mirror the tablet screen.
I then used my stylus pen on the tablet at the approximate location of the settings to get to the display then brightness to drag the brightness all the
way to the right and then my screen on my tablet was visible.
You will have to try and do this several times before you are able to accomplish this because it is like doing it in the dark with no lights on.

I bought this low cost 7 inch tablet from Xtex (named My Tablet) and after lot of wait, I finally have it. I ran into a problem right away when I tried to reduce the screen brightness to a low value. All of sudden, the screen is black and I do not see anything. I tried to turn it off and on but after the usual boot where I see the android icon and their start up icon, I get the blank screen (I am assuming I am at the main screen but can't see it). I tried to guess where is the unlock circle then go to through the steps to get to the same spot to change brightness again but failed.

My next step was to reset it so I can solve the issue. I searched for how to in all forums but the issue with this unit is that it does not have volume buttons. There are power, menu, and ESC buttons only. I experimented by assuming that the menu and ESC buttons might serve the same purpose as the vol up/down buttons but I could not get into recovery.

Is there a way to reset to factory or is there another way to get over this problem?

By the way, the tablet OS is 4.0.3 and it is rooted (did not get a chance to confirm that but company advertized that fact)

Thank you,