New android user from ohio

trowa

Sep 10, 2010
Hello I am new to the board from Ohio. I currently have a moto droid 1 and running simply stunning 4.7. I am interested in purchasing an android tablet now. I have used my friend's ipad and it is very nice but the lack of flash turns me off. I have researched on my own and not many options for tablets running android 2.2 out of the box. I haven't researched rooting and installing custom roms but I hope it is as easy as on my phone.

Maybe someone here could give me some insight on what to get. I am fine with rooting and installing custom roms. I want to be able to view flash videos and other normal mpeg or divx. I would be ok if using something like Tversity to covert/stream on the fly from a network share since I already use that for my other devices. Or if not manually converting to mp4 and streaming from Tversity since this is the only way I have figured out how to stream to my phone from my PC share. Also ebook use from time to time. GPS is ok but not a deal breaker. I don't care about camera I have a normal camera to use. I only would use wifi i don't need a 3G model. 7" screen would be ok.

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to mention mp3 streaming and being able to play pandora and shoutcast but I bet there is an android app for that :)

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
welcome i would wait tell the samsung galaxy tab came out but if your looking for something now and cheaper check out the wits a81e