Greetings from a new Android user

jjlava

Apr 16, 2012
Hello all,

I'm Jackie from Minnesota, USA. I'm an old-timer where the digital world is concerned (if you remember Commodore 64 computers, 1200 baud modems and BBSes... yeah, I was there). Now that portable technology is so much cooler and cheaper, I decided to get a portable device with a decent screen size to watch movies, download e-books and audio books, and to assist me in the field with my amateur astronomy group. Apple devices were not an option for me because I am a Linux user and I thought an Android device would be more suited to my nature anyway. I researched Android tablets and after many weeks worth of reading reviews and talking to tablet owners, I finally purchased an Asus eee Pad Transformer yesterday (4/15/12). I absolutely love it! It's got everything I want/need in a tablet. It was so easy to set up and configure (I'm used to doing things the hard way) and I have already spent hours in the Play Store just browsing for stuff that interests me. So yeah, I'm a happy new Android user and hope to learn useful Android tips, tricks and fixes now that I'm here.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Great introduction Jackie and welcome to the site! Good to have you with us! :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jackie, congratulations on your new Transformer and welcome to the forum. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Asus Tablets forum would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there. As Wicked said, "Great introduction Jackie".