New Android user HELP Needed

elpolarys

Aug 17, 2010
Thank you, for your reply,

As per download apps with the tablet I tried, I em-ail to myself, I tried to download from variuos wesites and ofcourse from Augenus.

Just won't instal...(cannot parse the file...)

I need an option to install a "file explorer" type aplication to my device...

I'm so mad about this...I may return it....

It's so difficult to find information..and the device behave eratical.....

After the seccond Factory Reset now the screen wont turn OFF after 15 sec, 30 sec...or any time.... just stay ON all the time....

Does anybody know how I can restore the device in the state that was when I purchased from Kmart ?

As of right know since I don't have any file explorer app, The Device is useless....

Why I get in to this ?......

Appreciate your help guys...
Thank you !

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
i HAVE A FEELING (oops sory) I know the answer to this, but do you have the SDK loaded on a PC?

If you do, and this is a WINXP pc (I say THAT only because thats what I have experience with)

plug your device into the pc, turned on

after windows recognizes it go to start/run "cmd"

When the DOS box opens up cd to your TOOLS subdirectory under the SDK

type (lowercase) adb devices (return)

This will start adb and show an ID of 01234567abcdef or something like that

you now KNOW you have a good connection.

using windows file explorer, copy your .apk 's into that tools directory (even if you just get the file explorer from AUGEN)

then from your dos command line type adb install NAME.apk <return>

where NAME is the files name, watch your case sensitivity dots dashes etc.

that should install what you need.

once you get profficient at that you may found (as I have) that the markets just a PIA except when your wife wants that ONE file that can ONLY be loaded from the market

(anyone have an .apk for EpocratesRX ? It's freeware, it just installs as it downloads, so until I get my market fixed, I'm out in the cold)

Hope that helps.

J