New Contest- Evaluation Unit Giveaway with poll

What would be your primary use for your tablet if you had one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jinx

Sep 10, 2010
My primary use for this tablet would be for multimedia purposes as well as ebook reader functionality. Since I am a student I need ways to pass the time during my commute and I would be able to read my textbooks and watch some vids while on the train.

lustfuljayb

Aug 23, 2010
I would use it to stay current with the news, and I would use it as a ereader,so at night I'd have something to read a story to my little girl on. I would also play some simple games with her on it.

meldog312

Sep 10, 2010
I would use it between my 2 full time jobs, 1 as a computer tech for schools and 2 as a firefighter/board member. To keep up with everything that is going on

Trumpeter

Sep 10, 2010
I would be using this to evaluate how my students can use an android tablet in a classroom.

(Then e-book reading for me....)

Wanbli

Sep 10, 2010
Here's my take on the APad's potential....
It seems to me that everyone is focused on the "consumer" market for these devices, which is all well and good. BUT, the "Business" market for devices like this is spectacular! I am a Telecommunications Sales professional and I now have 2 Droid phones (Moto Droid & Droid X), two laptops and docking stations, a desktop PC and the list goes on and on. I would love to see a single device that does it all (phone w/Bluetooth, full laptop functionality and Sftwr, dockable, wifi, 3/4g network agnostic, video camera on the face & photo camera on the back, 2ghz cpu & seperate GPU, etc) and my customer would love it as well, so let's build one! I can tell you right now, I work with companies who would buy this device up by the thousands if it replaced all these other devices, especially if it could be sold for under $1k each.

Is there a reason this can't be done?

SirWally

Aug 25, 2010
Children's Edutainment

Load it with children's apps (and develop a few myself) and let my sons play with it (and leave my phone alone :)

Digitalkiller

Sep 10, 2010
For me web-browsing would be a big use. E-books, text books, etc. magazines are great on tablets! Note taking is what I do a lot with my current tablet. Things I do not want to do on a computer, but the phone is too small. Casual gaming, chatting, email...

NSBtabboy

Sep 10, 2010
I would like to see how the tablets can work in the business world. I sell office equipment and document management devices. So I would like to have something to be able to recieve view companies web sites and product infomation while at a clients office as well as take notes and eliminate carring so much paper or a heavy laptop.

Aug 23, 2010
I've actually been looking for a tablet for a while that I could use to replace the binder of work documents that I often need to carry around (monthly performance reports, reference materials, etc)... it would also be great to have basic note-taking capabilities.

My kids would also love to have a bigger video screen for car rides and stuff.

pi911

Aug 23, 2010
Even though the specs aren't that great, it's a good thing to have before the Galaxy Tab comes out in the US.

Nemesis

Sep 10, 2010
I develop apps for Windows mobile and other OS. Am looking in to porting / creating some apps for Android 2.x so need to get my hands on one soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.