New Flytouch 3 owner

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
I'm a new tablet owner as of today and was hoping to get some help, or questions rather, about this tablet.
I'm really confused as to what the actual name is but will go with what I saw on the site I purchased it from. I have read a few threads here that say otherwise, but maybe those are old ?
I bought the tablet from Sinadeal and it is labeled as -
Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 Tablet PC - 1G CPU 512MB RAM 4G HDD Superpad 2 Epad Apad - Flytouch3 GPS
So after reading threads, assume this is a Flytouch 3/Superpad 2 ?
If you go to the site, the one I have is on the front page at $175.99

I'd like to know if all apps and games from Android Market work with this tablet. Am I to assume the fact that it is Android 2.2 that they should all work ?
I ask this because I tried installing and playing the free
Extreme Droid Jump but it was not working like it should. It was like this pad did not have the axis tilt motion to move the little guy around.
I also noticed the Facebook app would not work. I kept logging on but it would give me an error so I just went through the browser and it was fine. Perhaps useless app ?
It came with Angry Birds and I have yet to put that game down LOL It works great.
I also notice with the installed Market app, not all apps and games are in there. I assume I can go through the browser online and install from there with better success ?

On a final note. I would like any help feedback on this tablet. Like I said. New user so I don't know much about this thing but for the price compared to an iPad, I thought I would give it a go.

- Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- Built-in GPS Navigator + GPS Antenna
- Dual USB Slots / Single TF Card Slot
- Dual USB Ports for plugging Keyboard Cases
- Larger battery for extended usage time
- Built in Youtube Application for browsing videos (They must have forgot this as I don't see it)
- Android Market Pre-installed
- 1.3MP Web Camera
- Support Flash 10.1

*The box it came in had ANYPC printed on the sides.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Sounds exactly like a Superpad 2v2 (Superpad 3). For the price, it is an excellent toy.

I'd like to know if all apps and games from Android Market work with this tablet.
Absolutely NOT. Probably NO platform that supports ALL the games. This platform supports only a subset due to its hardware limitations. Flash is crap, so flash games are no go or iffy. CPU is average (single core @800MHZ), so 3d and high CPU intensive games will not work or wont work well.. If you are after a gaming machine, this is not it, go buy a PSX or similar you'll be much happier.

I ask this because I tried installing and playing the free Extreme Droid Jump but it was not working like it should. It was like this pad did not have the axis tilt motion to move the little guy around.
The gaxis definately has issues. I have heard reports it is even backwards. New firmware is working to resolve these issues, but they will be limited by the cheaper hardware... Personally, I dont see a 10" tablet as a gaxis gaming console, its too big and bulky, so never intended it for this purporse. Even the automatic screen rotation gets to me, Its slow and lsuggish, and most of the time I did not want it to happen, so I disabled it in settings.

I also notice with the installed Market app, not all apps and games are in there. I assume I can go through the browser online and install from there with better success ?

Market filters your search based on criteria from your device. It seems to get this device quite wrong. As far as I have ascertained, no PAID apps or games can be seen on these devices so far. It is being worked on by the firmware hackers. There are numerous market alternatives, and google is a good friend! There are workarounds to increase the number of unpaid apps/games you see in the market which work well. The following works on Tim's and TCH's custom ROM's FIRMWARE RELEASES: firmware files, benefits and bugs for the Flytouch2 v2 /Superpad 2:
Market
If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:
- Connect at least once with Market & your account.
- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All
- find Google Services Framework from the app list
- click on clear data + OK, then force stop
Reboot.
wait about 1 minute after you're back in.
Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through)
Then you should see more apps after that, like google maps, Skype & such

On a final note. I would like any help feedback on this tablet. Like I said. New user so I don't know much about this thing but for the price compared to an iPad, I thought I would give it a go.

Ipad is a toy too, you just pay 3 times the price for better hardware. In my opinion, the hardware difference is not worth 3 times the money. It comes down to what you are intending to use the device for. Play a few games and watch movies, browse the internet and read emails. The superpad wins handsdown due to its price. It is not high spec, it will not play the top end 3d games, but it offers so much more over an ipad. Even the basics like USB support, HDMI output, GPS etc. An OS that is not so locked down, twice as many free apps. More off-vendor development. My experience has been possitive. Its far from perfect, but at the price, its a great toy.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
Thank you for your time and response.

I have yet to test everything this can do as it really came with a sub-par manual.
I'm really interested in seeing video on this but not sure how to load it. Do I put it on a micro-sd or can it be loaded straight to the tablet ?
This was a plus for me for trips with the kids. If all goes well I may get a couple of the 7" models if they are close to the same specs.

The gaxis on mine is there, but backwards. I tried it with Labyrinth and soon uninstalled it after seeing that.
The screen rotation is OK on mine, but I do see where turning it to manual would be best. Setting it down sometimes changes it and it can lag at times.

Thanks foe the firmware links. I'll take a look and see what benefits there are. I'll probably wait though until my warranty goes out just in case I have to return this.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I'm really interested in seeing video on this but not sure how to load it. Do I put it on a micro-sd or can it be loaded straight to the tablet ?
You can load movies onto internal or external microsd, or even play them from a fat32 USB stick. I have played xvid's on them and it works great, little to no lag on a 480p movie, even when output to HDMI.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
How do I go about loading a movie onto the tablet ? I don't yet have s micro-sd card.
Also. Can I hook an external HDD via USB ? I have a Seagate 500GB with movies and music I'd like to use if possible.

Thanks for all the help. I would love to find a guide for this tablet as I said the manual it comes with isn't too informative.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
How do I go about loading a movie onto the tablet ? I don't yet have s micro-sd card.
Also. Can I hook an external HDD via USB ? I have a Seagate 500GB with movies and music I'd like to use if possible.

Thanks for all the help. I would love to find a guide for this tablet as I said the manual it comes with isn't too informative.

U can attach your external HD if it is formatted FAT32. This means it wont have any files larger than 2GB on it.
U can copy movies over the wireless by connecting to a windows pc file share using software like Astro File Manager with the SMB Plugin.
U can copy the movies onto a USB memory stick that is formatted Fat32.
U can copy movies over the RJ45 Ethernet cable by connecting to a windows pc file share using software like Astro File Manager with the SMB Plugin.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
Last night I tried with a 128MB flash drive I had. I formatted it to FAT32 and loaded a video (.mpg) on to it.
I plugged in the drive via USB but nothing happened. I know it is FAT32 and only the video is on the drive.
I tried on both USB ports, but nothing. Maybe something to do with firmware or something ?

Today my brother came over and he had an Android phone and he popped in his micro-sd chip and it loaded fine.
I could see everything on the chip including photos and video. Video played fine.

Maybe flash drive is too old ? Maybe tablet doesn't support it being old ? I would assume it would allow all versions USB ?

I think I may have to root this thing ...

EDIT:
Im looking to get a micro-sd card. Wondering if I should get a single 16GB or 2 - 8GB cards ?

Last edited:

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
Ok so I got me some SD cards.
Tonight I was just messing around to see what this pad can do so I took one of my 8GB cards and added 3 folders - eBooks, Movies, and Music and I put a few corresponding files in each folder.

I inserted the chip and everything was great. I tested the music player and the movie player. Did great.
I tested an .epub file in a reader I got in the app store and it worked great.

So seeing that everything worked, I wanted to add more files to the chip.
So I removed the chip and added more files to it via my PC
I then inserted the chip back in the tablet and nothing. I opened the music player and it saw no files. I opened the video player and it saw no files. Same with the ebook reader.
I then clicked on the MY PAD icon and it had a tab for the SD card and I clicked it and I could see all the files. No problems.

So what is the deal here ?

The only way to get the chip/card to work again is to turn off the tablet and start it up again and insert the chip/card.

Am I doing something wrong ? Should I not be able to just remove the chip/card as I please and replace it with no problems ?

Card is FAT32

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Try not to hotswap the card. It could only mess it up.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
It is under the settings under storage or something. If I had my tab here I would check. If you don't mind waiting until in the morning, I can check for you.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
That would be helpful because I looked all over for anything like that.
Only thing I saw was UNMOUNT in MY PAD/SD1 tab but I clicked that and it says "SD card is not inserted in" and I still see all the folders and files.

$20115920501.jpg

I then removed the card and inserted it back in. I could not see anything in this section although I saw the SD1 tab and could see disc size, but no folders or files like above.
I tried to take a snapshot thinking it would save to the card and it said it saved but when I put card in PC I only saw the one posted above. So maybe it didn't write anywhere or it wrote to someplace else on the tablet ?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Go to settings/storage/c:/unmount. That should do it.

FlyDroid

Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, don't have such ...
Here is another screencap. Fact it doesn't even tell me the size or amount of space I have.

$2011510105750.jpg

Swapping cards is something I will need to do with this so I need to find a fix for this issue.
I wonder if any firmwares address this.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
You could try the 2.2 custom firmware or the other custom 2.1 firmware?