New from MN...where to start?

mncricket

Sep 23, 2011
I am looking to get my boy a super gift for his golden birthday. Thought about a laptop, but he newer uses the one we have. Thought about a kids tablet (for games), but he's too old I think. He likes to play with my itouch, but it is a pretty small screen...gave brief thought to an ipad, but that's pretty expensive for a kids gift....which brought me to other tablets. I am not real experienced with android, but with good instructions figure I should be able to handle it. I am thinking about the Coby 7022-4g, but thought I'd ask others what a good starting tablet would be (probably will try to install android market)....for the around $200 point....would like whatever it is to be fairly stable.....help a newbie out?!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello MNCricket, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us here. The best place on the forum, for tablet shopping advice, is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm moving your thread over there so that someone can help you out.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I am looking to get my boy a super gift for his golden birthday. Thought about a laptop, but he newer uses the one we have. Thought about a kids tablet (for games), but he's too old I think. He likes to play with my itouch, but it is a pretty small screen...gave brief thought to an ipad, but that's pretty expensive for a kids gift....which brought me to other tablets. I am not real experienced with android, but with good instructions figure I should be able to handle it. I am thinking about the Coby 7022-4g, but thought I'd ask others what a good starting tablet would be (probably will try to install android market)....for the around $200 point....would like whatever it is to be fairly stable.....help a newbie out?!

Hello MNCricket, welcome!
Ok, it seems that you need tablet around $200 and with large screen.
So, how do you think about 8" tablet PC? coz there're lots of 8" tablet PC with android 2.3 OS and good processor in our site, most of them are under $200.
And you can also find some 10" tablets around $200 here, just follow this link: Android Tablet PC.
hope anything here may of your interest. welcome!:)