New Android User and Ematic Funtab Victim

mnkricau

Dec 17, 2011
This thread has pretty much gone off topic as a new member introduction, so I'm moving it to the Android Tablet Discussions section.

Oooh!!! We've been upgraded :) Thanks LOL

*Update*
If you downloaded the Amazon app, like I suggested the other day. You have got to get "Famigo Sandbox". It is a GREAT! way to keep the kids safe while using this device. It lets you add everything you want your kids to be able to use, and blocks all the others (like facebook & youtube). You can still access all those thing (quickly) by unlocking the "sandbox" using the parental controls. I just downloaded them on both my girls. It even works if the kids turn off the device and them back on.

JenDat

Dec 25, 2011
Just purchased this for my 7 year old and I'm pretty savvy with this stuff. I downloaded amazon apps since I could find nothing on the appstore. It keeps telling me sd card required for everything I try to download? I have the internal mem for 1 or 2 apps at least! Anyone know what to do? Thanks!! 2am Christmas eve :(

mommygale

Dec 26, 2011
tlcamy ,
Yeah Kobo just got back to me today saying the same thing three of there "tech" people already said. "go to website, download app, add books, link with desktop site, etc" I think that there app is going to need an update before it fully functions. I'll wait it out. In the mean time check out WattPad app. They have a bunch of paid & free books. And there download time is way better. You will find the app in the Appoke Market. You will have to create an account (which is quicker done on a desktop), log in, search for it by name "wattpad", install, dowload, and your done. They will start you off with about five free books and you can add more at your lesure.

Now for music....not sure where you are starting from (youtube music or your own cd's?) But either way you will have to convert them to mP3 Format (let me know if you need details about how to do that?). Then you can either put them on a micro sd card or striaght to the Funtab via the usb cord. You will find them in the "My Music" app (on the main page) if you downloaded them straight to the Funtab. If on sd card they will be in the "file browser" app (on the main page).

BONUS* I just found some awesome FREE app's for kids (and others) on Amazon.com First go to Amazons website, look on the left side of the main page, click on the Appstore fro Androids tab. Select any app (free or paid-but i suggest a free one to make sure it works first). Next, look on the right side of the page (while viewing the app) there will be a box to enter your email or phone number, enter your email (for the Funtab). Check your email account, there will be an email from Amazon, open it. Connect your Funtab to your computer via the usb cord, and then open the link in the email. It will install it on the Funtab. Then you just have to sign into your amzon account, and the game you select will be in there, ready to dowload.

Please feel free to ask me anything , or to correct any of my mistakes. I believe , since this is such a new product, that we are all trying to tweek it out :) to the best of our abilities.

Kristy

Kristy,

You saved my sanity!!! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge about the amazon app store!!

Triddiford

Dec 26, 2011
I can't get the android market to work, keeps saying I am loosing Internet connection when I try to download app, which is not the case because Internet browser still works. Any suggestions?

dhaire44

Dec 26, 2011
I wish I could set them up for you (I have our two completed with apps,ebooks,music, dvds,etc). I hate for the kids to not have a christmas present. If you want me to try and walk you through it I can.

I would love some pointers. We are having similar problems as mentioned previously. What are you doing that the rest of us are not? Are there setting we need to adjust in order to successfully use some of these apps?

Thank you!

dhaire44

Dec 26, 2011
Sister just arrived and has the ematic fun tab for her daughter. She was having the same problem with the android market getting the error message, "Connection failed. It appears that your Internet connection is not available." She said that as she kept trying to load apps at different times, it eventually started to work for her and she has been able to download from the market now. Not extremely tech savvy but I am wondering if some of these problems could be server issues?

svega27

Dec 28, 2011
hello I have the same problem I got two of the tablets and for some reason everytime I go to the market place iI can tdo anything its like the thing i useless to me

Mar 2, 2012
I have tried to get the amazon app on my childs funtab several times, I follow everything that I read in the post above, yet I do not get the link in my email to download the app. Please tell me someone has some advice for me, I have tried from the funtab and my computer both. I so want to get that app on the funtab so that there is a much better selection of apps than what came on the device. Momma needs help :)