New, Need Help

gmordspt5

Dec 18, 2012
Hello my name is Kristine I created this account to allow my three kids to access information for the new tablets they are getting for Christmas. I have been married for 17 years. We have three kids two are in public school and I home school the youngest. My oldest is a girl who is 17 in 11th grade and is very good at sports. She is getting a Jazz tablet for Christmas and it will require her to get apps not on the amazon kindle account. My oldest son is 14 almost 15, he bought himself the ematic 4.3 touch screen internet media player from hastings and we are having problems getting games on it. I need help so he will like the tablet and not want to return it and give up on the idea of having one. He is impatient like his dad and new electronic things just don't jive with them. My youngest is a boy he is 12 and like I stated I home school him. He is just not ready for the school setting. He was premature and still has trouble with keeping up with the grade level.

I like to sew, play my guitar, play with my kindle fire and cook. I do not always understand all the internet stuff and the things needed to get the devices to work. I would love to get to know some of you and have a chance to learn about the android tablets. If you can help me get my kids to love their tablets then I would be happy.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Big hello to you Kristine and welcome to the forum

There is a section on the forum that deals with obtaining apps when you live outside the US or other counties that don't have ready access to the Google Store. The reason I mention this is because there are quite a few alternative sites to get apps from, including games. This thread on the forum should help. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...atives-google-play-store-amazon-appstore.html

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Kristine, congratulations on those new tablets and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. If you click the link in Lee's post, you should find whatever apps you're looking for. Enjoy the forum!

gmordspt5

Dec 18, 2012
Thank you for your help. I have an amazon account for the kindle and can access the apps for that and the other two kindles we have. I do not have any clue how to get data or apps on the little ematic thing my son bought. It is not letting me tether to the computer to transfer data. I have an account with barns and noble but not any other sites were I can download games, books, and such for this new tablet. I want to solve this issue so when my daughter gets to open her jazz tablet she can download things on it as well. Do I have to have an account or give payment information with any of these links if I want to download information in the tablets? Like I stated I do not understand one thing about the tablets or the android devices. I do not have any credit cards but only prepaid gift cards, one from american express and one that is a prepaid master card. How do I get the apps on the tablet and use this method of payment? My master card thing is a green dot card and has a negitive balance on it since it requires a monthly fee to keep going. I want to get away from the fee and just use the other payment options. How do I get the little tablet to tether and transfer data, and accept payment on apps with no credit card

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As for Amazon, yes, you would need an account and a credit card on file, but you may be able to use the same account you already have. The Amazon site will need to install an Amazon Market app so you will need to tell your tablet, in settings - security to allow installing 3rd party apps.

gmordspt5

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks again I just went to amazon and did a add a new device and now will work that out when my e-mail finally responds

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Kristine, welcome, what a great introduction! :) I got curious about the two tablets you mentioned and I checked around to see if I could find out more about them, but I'm sure you did that too.Anyway,I didn't find any review of the ematic but it seems it has the same specs of another one with a
different name I forgot already the name,.what I didn't forget is that the reviewer was saying that the tablet comes with the Get.Jar app preloaded....does your son's have the app? That would be some start.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Kristine, welcome, what a great introduction! :) I got curious about the two tablets you mentioned and I checked around to see if I could find out more about them, but I'm sure you did that too.Anyway,I didn't find any review of the ematic but it seems it has the same soecs of another one with s different name I forgot already the name,.what I didn't forget is that the reviewer wad saying that the tablet comes with the Get.Jar app preloaded....does your son's have the app? That would be some start.

See, and I thought you didn't know. ;);)

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new tabs.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Iknowalittlemore than when I gave myself the "idontknow" name, thanks to the forum....still here, still learning!