New, Not Happy, About to Return It

sweetthing

Nov 23, 2012
I just bought tablet today and wanted to give it to my kids. I started it up after charging and attempted to connect to wi-fi it found my name and I put in my password and it started searching for ip address but it never connected even though I had the tablet right beside the router. It said avoid poor internet connection poor service then it said out of range when i am sitting right beside it. There is no customer service number for help or website and I am about return it because it is not worth the headache.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Hope you get a tablet that works fine although I doubt I would make a special trip to return it today!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi sweetthing, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Before returning that tablet, I'd suggest you try one thing. Unplug/turn off your router for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on to reset it. That has solved the problem for many people. If it doesn't work, return the tablet.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just bought tablet today and wanted to give it to my kids. I started it up after charging and attempted to connect to wi-fi it found my name and I put in my password and it started searching for ip address but it never connected even though I had the tablet right beside the router. It said avoid poor internet connection poor service then it said out of range when i am sitting right beside it. There is no customer service number for help or website and I am about return it because it is not worth the headache.

When it says out of range, it means the IP address not the distance between modem/router and the tablet.

Just do a power cycle of your modem/router. That is power off, count to 90, and then power on. Wait for the modem/router to be fully ready before you attempt again. Make sure your tablet is off and not in standby when you power cycle the modem.

bboyd

May 1, 2014
Hello!! I got an Android Brilliant Pad and for a long time it has worked great! But recently apps like instagram and snapchat haven't. It won't load stories on snapchat, or news feed on instagram. It also crashes on apps VERY frequently. AND recently I go to view pictures and it won't load them. I have restarted it multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, and just now did a factory reset and STILL no change. Please give me advice on taking it somewhere to get it fixed, selling it...?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
If you did a factory reset and DID NOT allow the apps to automatically install when setting it back up you may have a hardware problem. If you allowed them to auto install it could be one of those apps not cooperating well/properly.