New overclocked kernel avaiable for the NOOKcolor

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Now we are finally getting to the good stuff. :)

It's optional and use with caution, of course and you will need to install Clockwork recovery first. I may try it out later on, still need to install clockwork myself.

[KERNEL] [ZIP] Quickie - Flashable Overclock Kernel - "She's A Screamer" - xda-developers

Features:
  • All steps undervolted about 25%. Should be stable still
  • The table is currently 300, 600, 950mhz until I can make it scale more than 3 steps.
  • The voltage for 950Mhz is less than at stock for 800Mhz, so you should see better battery life even though we're overclocked.

To install this, just flash the zip in ClockworkMod. This shouldn't harm your device, but I make no promises. I trust it enough to run it on my device, if that means anything to y'all. I also attached a zip to flash back to the stock kernel (..but why would you break my heart by doing so..? ;P)

Next Up:
  • I REALLY want to get 1Ghz+ working, and my code is sound (I'm sure of that) but it won't boot on my device. I think I just need to find the right voltage, or I could have a bad die for OC'ing. This is the first thing I will work on...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I'll try to install all 3 new kernels today, report which worked, which didn't and post some benchmark result.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update: All went well...until it didn't lol. All the kernels make the NC super fast, booted and ran smooth at all (3) speeds: 900, 950 and 1Ghz. My issue was, I got sloppy and began not to wipe the cache between kernel versions. Long story short, I had to wipe data and return back to unrooted 1.0.1. Starting all over for me... wonder if the restore will work. Let me try.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wow, this is turning out to be a very fruitful experiment. Thanks for being so valiant!

Did you hear I got the third today? I was so happy I hugged it for 5 minutes.

OK, not 5. Actually I just kind of kissed it and left it at that.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Wow, this is turning out to be a very fruitful experiment. Thanks for being so valiant!

-Matt

No biggie, it happens. I've bricked a device or two in the past so these bumps in the road are small potatoes. Maybe I'll actually try the auto-nooter this time around lol. That's why I always say never get attached to the way toy have your device setup when you are working with risky experimental tweaks and roms. Big risk, big reward. The speed was incredible, while I had it. :) It was so snappy, like lightning fast. Anyway I'll be back up in no time. :)

No I haven't heard, congrats on the third "little one" in your household. :)

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Have you downloaded the autonooter yet? You might have seen the thread that it's really SLLLLOOOOOW right now for some reason. :(

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Have you downloaded the autonooter yet? You might have seen the thread that it's really SLLLLOOOOOW right now for some reason. :(

-Matt

No I never have, first time now and yea it's a bit slow, oh well.

Trying out the CWR restore, perhaps it will work. (crossing fingers)
IMAG0223.jpg

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Holy S!@# the restore actually works. :)

IMAG0226.jpg

fba2783f.png

Took about 20 mins.... and I'm back in business. I love recoveries.

Now lets messing it all up again... I mean try these kernels one more time. :)

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010

-Matt

Was it hard to get the lip prints off?
Just want to be prepared, 'cause I just might be moved to kiss mine.:eek:

Cheers,
kev

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
when installing the kernel, which wipe were you doing, or supposed to do in clockwork? Just the wipe cache partition one or the wipe data/factory reset

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
when installing the kernel, which wipe were you doing, or supposed to do in clockwork? Just the wipe cache partition one or the wipe data/factory reset

I prefer doing all the work in CWR, outside android (not rom manager inside android os). Clear the cache partition and dalvik cache (in advance menu), then flash kernel in CWR. DO NOT WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET.

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
thats what i thought. just making sure. but dont you get to clockwork by first opening up rom manager? at least thats how i did it on here. I go through bootstrap on my DX

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
also, do you have to have setcpu installed before flashing the overclock or is it ok to install after? Is one method better than the other