New stupid software update is very RAM hungry and causing battery problems on Tab Pro 8.4

thalles

Dec 24, 2014
Im still doing some research to understand better whats happening, i cant suggest anything now

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i have the same problem, and guess what , factory reset didn't solve it.
There are a few possibly reasons why you may be seeing the same issue after a factory reset. The first possibility is that you allowed the apps to automatically reinstall and one of them is causing high system use. Another possibility is that the system is struggling with a corrupt SD card, yet another possibility is that you have a WiFi connection issue causing the system to struggle. Last on my list is that most Android devices will show Android services using more resources, battery, than anything else and what you are seeing is not abnormal.

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
There are a few possibly reasons why you may be seeing the same issue after a factory reset. The first possibility is that you allowed the apps to automatically reinstall and one of them is causing high system use. Another possibility is that the system is struggling with a corrupt SD card, yet another possibility is that you have a WiFi connection issue causing the system to struggle. Last on my list is that most Android devices will show Android services using more resources, battery, than anything else and what you are seeing is not abnormal.

I did factory reset on my Tab Pro 8.4 and reinstalled my apps/games and for the couple days it was fine no problems and the battery was draining only 2-6% on standby over night with the wifi, GPS of and RAM being cleared and the sceen brightness very low

But the factory reset did not fix the stupid problems.

I keep having RAM Issues(keep getting low memory warnings and the apps/games loading up not as fast and webpages keeps reloading more often) and the last 2 days my battery has been draining 20 to 40% again over night on standby with the wifi, GPS of and RAM being cleared and the sceen brightness very low.

And this morning i checked on GSAM battery moniter and i saw that 67.0% battery consumed by Android system 54.0% and the rest was the google services and Android system(media) each of them consumed about 3 to 5% of my battery and there was about 2/4 apps was consuming 0.1 of the battery.

I did take a sceen shot of it but i can't upload the image on here... :/

This is just stupid and ridiculous i thought a factory reset would fix stupid problems that i am having and it did not fix it.

I think the other option is to call up Amazon(i bought it from Amazon) and hopefully it will get it replaced!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In your case, because of the problems you're having, I'm fairly certain one or more of the apps you installed is causing the problem. There are some apps that are very poorly designed. Another factory reset without installing more than one or 2 apps at a time and then testing it should pinpoint the offending app(s).

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
In your case, because of the problems you're having, I'm fairly certain one or more of the apps you installed is causing the problem. There are some apps that are very poorly designed. Another factory reset without installing more than one or 2 apps at a time and then testing it should pinpoint the offending app(s).

How to find the apps that is causing the problem?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's not easy. I would start by installing gsam battery monitor to find out what, besides the Android OS, is consuming your battery. You could do what I suggested with the reset, or selectively uninstall some apps.

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
It's not easy. I would start by installing gsam battery monitor to find out what, besides the Android OS, is consuming your battery. You could do what I suggested with the reset, or selectively uninstall some apps.

But to be honest it might take ages to find what app is causing the problem if i do what you suggested.

I would rather send back it to Samsung and get it replaced it will be quicker that!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you send it back and get a replacement without finding the problem you may find yourself with the same problem all over again. I can't count the number of times I have seen people replace their tablets only to have the same problem with the replacement.